Butter or ghee

Kcast

So i start monday so far i have the compliant food stuff down now the fat- i know no dairy however older posts sugguest.clarified butter is approved - i am confused about that now 

Butter or no butter or just ghee

Wish me luck all coffee cream and treats are my downfall since i have T1 diabetes i am looking forward to lowing my insulin and a1c

Very nervous tho i have never NOT USED coffee creamer

• Moderators

Clarified butter and ghee are both okay -- they're basically made by the same process, but ghee is cooked a little longer which gives it a little different flavor. Both are cooked until the milk solids separate out, and then those are strained away. They're allowed on whole30 because the problematic parts of dairy products should all be strained out, although occasionally people who are really sensitive to dairy can't tolerate them either.

• 1 month later...

I keep my ghee and coconut oil on the same shelf. Here in Georgia, it can get pretty warm, and I've noticed that while my coconut oil will usually stay solid until it hits around the 80s, my ghee has pretty constantly stayed at least partially melted unless it's been a rather chilly day... but that said, I've never had an issue with the ghee functioning or tasting like it should. If it worries you, though, you could always store it in the fridge.

• Members

Hi Leigh Ann! I have noticed that this often depends on the brand of ghee you have. However, it has not gone bad just because it is melted - that's very normal! Just check the expiration date. If it bothers you, I do know that Fourth and Heart ghee tends to stay solid. I don't know how they do it but it is DELICIOUS!

Archived