Starting April 1

Pameedee

@Fit4Me Real Plans is a menu planner app I found in one of our W30 books or social pages, that helps with keeping everything organized and has a big variety of recipes. I think $6 a month is a bargain for the assistance, but learning to use it effectively requires some attention - and new shopping strategies. Here's a link, if you want to explore more: https://app.realplans.com/Settings/GetStartedContent

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

@Sunshine2020 Hmm.. it's hard to describe, and it kind of seems "magical" when everyone talks about it. For me, I stopped being so bitchy (pardon my French). Little things that would just annoy me, didn't really annoy me, I would acknowledge that it was a bump, but it was "eh, whatever". I didn't feel my blood pressure go up, or eye twitch. I didn't feel bloated, swollen, sluggish in the morning or feeling like I needed that caffeine boost to get going. I think Tiger Blood hits around the 3rd week, so I feel it's partially mental as well because you've been doing this hard thing for 2 weeks, you have survived the hardest parts, you've gotten into a groove, and you realize, YOU'VE GOT THIS and Whole30 isn't so daunting anymore! It's something to be proud of. This link will give you more details https://whole30.com/2017/01/tiger-blood-101/. Your Whole30 is YOUR Whole30, so your Tiger Blood will also be uniquely yours.

My friend, on the other hand, was basically farting rainbows, her change was so dramatic, her coworkers asked "what happened to you?" :D haha... 

Today went pretty good. Although my big food prep got hijacked by one employer so I got irritable tonight. I did make an amazing stuffed twice baked potatoes with kale, broccoli, bacon and the last of my prosciutto with some home made ranch dressing. I did get some zucchini, green beans and broccoli steamed along with the potatoes mentioned. That was about all the time I had. I needed to make sure I had enough time to clean the kitchen. 

I did sleep pretty good last night so I am hoping I will tonight too. I seem to be getting a sore throat on and off and I am not sure if that is CPAP or allergy related. Anyway I am taking extra immune system vitamins just in case. 

I need to catch up on my day to day which I haven't had time to do most of last week. 

Food:

Breakfast: Spinach and mushroom omelette (3eggs) with pan fried potatoes

Lunch: Turkey slices with mixed greens and vinaigrette & 5 olives

Dinner: 1/2 Twice baked potato with zucchini and 8 olives- I should have eaten more protein because I am very hungry now 2 hours later. So I am having some coconut 

Not sure what happened last night but I was woken up by a loud knocking on the wall to by bed. It was 3 raps and then nothing. Weird thing is the other side of my wall are the mailboxes and sharp stucco. Very startling. I didn’t sleep great either way and this morning my right shoulder, left elbow, lower back and injured right knee hurts more. I am not sure what that is about either. Anyway happy day 9 everyone. 

Hey Everyone! 

I been a little busy to check in but super excited we're on day 9! Woohoo! The first week was rough for me. I spent Day 6 & 7 napping all day but didn't feel too guilty. haha! I haven't given myself this much rest in a while and it was much needed. 

I've been on this rollercoaster of emotions. Happy one minute and angry the next. Can't wait to have these emotions go back to normal. I've been taking daily walks and completing daily meditations to keep my emotions in check and it has been helpful. Journaling and checking in with you guys has also been helpful. :D

@Suzanne-SATx I agree, no need to punish yourself for an unconscious slip up. On my first Whole30, I accidentally chewed a piece of gum and found out later that was a whole30 no-no. It sounded silly to restart so I kept going. At the end of the challenge, I felt so great that I tacked on the 3 days just to be able to say I accomplished the challenge. 

@Fit4Me Reaplans is a really great meal planning/recipe tool. I've been using it for over a year now and it's amazing! You can filter out recipes that are not Whole30 compliant so it only suggests things you can eat. There's even a Whole30 add-on which includes reintroduction recipes. It creates a shopping list for you so you know exactly what to pick up. You can even import recipes from other recipe sites using a URL. It does have an annual fee of $72 (last I checked) but well worth it for me. I used to spend HOURS meal planning and now I can do it in less than 10. Here's the link in case you're interested https://realplans.com 

Happy 9th day everyone! We're on our way to 2 weeks! 

I hope everyone is doing great! I’m a little late to the conversation, but a friend and I started our second whole30 on April 1st too. :) 

I had a baby in January, and you know those free family meals were nowhere near compliant to any healthy regimen, lol. I wasn’t losing weight even exclusively breastfeeding, and I wasn’t ever hungry. In March I had a flu/cold something that caused my psoriasis to flair up after a long time. So here I am hoping this will cross out some concerns and help heal my body. 

Hey all I hope everyone is doing good. Give a shout out if you are still doing it for those of you who haven't posted in a bit. I am compliant but not as good as I should. My schedule is just so busy right now it's been crazy and I have am hitting food boredom. Today was rough in that I work over 12 hours on my clients taxes. Basically chained to my computer. I was at home so the good new was I got to eat hot food instead of eating cold food with is usually the way it is for lunch and most dinner. My energy is doing pretty good but I am not sleeping as well as I would like. I get 1 great night followed by several bad ones. With the Santa Ana winds here in Los Angeles my allergies haven't really improved but then they haven't really gotten too worse so that is a win. Anyone else have some NSV?

Today I was very hungry. I had to have 2 snacks aside from my meals. I was definitely hungry because I waited 30 mins before I broke down and ate. Happy end to day 10. 

Hope no one minds I'm popping in from the April 7 thread...@Elizabeth33 it's awesome that you are taking on your W30 in the midst of the busy tax season! I'm impressed - you got this! What's on your menu for tomorrow? What have you done in the past when food boredom sets in? Any relatively-easy-to-make favorites? FWIW, I hope you get to experience your allergies disappearing as a NSV!

@LadyLisbette pop over anytime.  Today the plan for breakfast the leftover breakfast egg roll I will add some sweet potato mash and avo to complete it (not in the bowl though), lunch will be turkey with slivered carrots, cucumber & raffish sprouts rolled in with a salad and some blueberries. The vinaigrette will be the fat. Dinner will be shrimp with some potatoes and broccoli. This will have to be eaten cold unfortunately. I will think on some of my go to quick meals to help with the food boredom but I’ve been doing most of those. So I’m looking at more complex things. A lot of times you can add different sauces and things like that which will spice things up for you. Unfortunately I have to be careful with most of those because they have ingredients in there that upset my stomach. 

It was great to see how everyone is doing. I totally agree with you all for support for  @Suzanne-SATx. It wasn't intentional and the correction was made.

@Elizabeth33 thank you for your continuous posts!  So greatly appreciate them!

Keep up the good work everyone~ Plan, enjoy and appreciate all the changes your body is doing...

Lanette

Hello all! I started April 2 on my first Whole30 adventure!  I haven't taken the time to figure out how to get on here until this minute.....I've been too busy reading, planning, shopping, chopping, cooking, and cleaning. Lol  I have to admit up until yesterday, I haven't had time to crave anything! Yesterday and today I have had a bit of a moody attitude. Also, my body doesn't know it is suppose to be burning fat for energy (even though I have been storing up) and, since I have no sugar feeding the sugar dragon, I am moving in slow motion! I have been proud of the meals I have cooked and that I made mayonnaise from scratch. They have all tasted pretty good and were feeling. The worse thing I have done is skipping a couple of lunches last week. I fluctuate between thinking I eat too much and thinking I am not eating enough. I am excited and committed and am trying to do this one day at a time! Am excited to see how everyone is doing and share this adventure.

I have been really craving today. Last two days have been probably the hardest. The sugar dragon is definitely reared its head and what Melissa says on day 10 and 11 in the day by day is so true for me. So at this point I’m going to bed because it will at least keep me out of my cupboards and out of my fridge

Hey Everyone! 

Happy 12th Day! I've been a little MIA the last few days. I have been on an emotional roller coaster and happy that I finally broke through it yesterday. My sugar dragon slightly roared yesterday but I was able to turn down my fave caramel popcorn. Patting myself on the back for that one. ;) I'm too far into this challenge to turn back now.

I can't believe we're almost on Day 15, half way through! This round of the challenge, I decided to really document my NSV's to keep me motivated. Here's just of few of my faves: 

• Glowing Skin
  • No more under-eye circles 
  • Flatter stomach/less bloating 
  • Less knee pain 
  • Fewer sugar cravings 
  • Feeling in control of food 
  • Eats to satiety 
  • Healthy strategies to deal with cravings 
  • More consistent with exercise 
  • New recipes 

Looking forward to many more! 

Welcome @MBG & @Elk! Have a great day everyone! 

Hi all! Day 12 in the bag! I am feeling victorious! My family and I are on a short road trip. 5 hours in the car with an obscene amount of candy and chips...but I was prepared! I made my food for the weekend and ate a great salad about halfway through. I will admit the smell of the Doritos and the knowledge that there were sour jelly beans behind me were enticing. However, I felt totally in control and not very tempted to be honest. This weekend is a big test! The car travel, weekend schedule, and eating out...not if, but when I make it through this weekend, I will feel like a champion!!

Hey everyone I hope your weekend is going great. I’ve decided to start over so today is my day zero. I have given my extensive reasoning on starting April 7 spring cleaning thread. Will probably post most of my things there since they’re closer to my new start date since that’s tomorrow. But I will check in from time to time to see how you all are doing. Happy prepping for next week

@Fit4Me congratulations what a great win that is!! @trafficjamdreaming Fantastic NSV list. 

So the road trip was a success!! I essentially packed my food for the weekend and was prepared for the car ride.

Today, not so good so far. I woke up with an upset stomach. Not sure if its something I ate or stress (today is Tax Day and I am a preparer). Ordinarily, I would nibble some saltines to abate the nausea. Not sure what I can do about it while staying in program...Any thoughts would help!

@Fit4Me great job on the weekend.

For nausea compliant peppermint and ginger tea, bone broth and/or some sweet potato can help with the nausea. I have also used some bubbly water as well. Hopefully one of the moderators can chime in if there is anything else that will help as well. I hope you feel better. 

Hey Everyone! 

Happy Day 16! I'm finally over the case of the grumps and have the most incredible energy. I think I'm experiencing the beginning of Tiger Blood! Woohoo! 

Yesterday I did two cardio sessions because I just had so much energy. I'm going to take advantage of this new found energy and ramp up my workouts this week. I'm at a point where I don't crave processed foods anymore even when they're right in front of me. I feel in control of what I'm eating and rarely need snacks to get me to the next meal. I'm super proud of myself for getting this far and look forward to another great week! 

@Fit4Me I use sparkling water to get me through nausea. Awesome job getting through a road trip while on your Whole30! 

Hey Everyone

Happy 18th Day! I was super excited that I woke up on my own 5 min before my alarm went off. I felt super energetic and ready to start my day! Yesterday, I had my cravings spike but I think it was because I did an intense strength workout. I think I'll begin adding in a post workout snack to my meal plan to make sure I'm eating enough throughout the day. I've been doing my best to stay away from too many fruits because my sugar dragon has a tendency to get out of control. Continuing to feel amazing energy and my stress levels have definitely normalized. 

@Fit4Me I appreciate the words of encouragement and I know you will get to Tiger Blood any day now! Keep up the awesome work :D

Have a great day everyone! 

DAY 19 - Not very good at journaling, but this needs to be released. Please bear with me or move on if you're uncomfortable with rants and emotions. Sorry -

So I'm making progress, starting to get a feel for this Tiger Blood idea, feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. But then I had to download the photos from my phone to my computer for something unrelated, and *wham* right in the face - there's my "before" photos, on my 27" monitor. I am totally deflated by the reality of my current condition, and how far I've let myself go, and how far the journey is to get back to my ideal self...ugh. Before Whole30, I would throw my hands up, get rebellious and just eat whatever I wanted tonight to make myself feel better, happy, like I don't care what anyone thinks... blah, blah, and all those other lies we tell ourselves to cope with the hurt. Now, I have goals and hopes and plans that require me to stay the course. But, oh, the shame is like a heavy wet blanket of cold rejection and self-hate. I know this isn't "hard," but sometimes it really is difficult. (I'M NOT CRYING, MY EYEBALLS ARE SWEATING! *sniff*)

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Suzanne-SATx said:

DAY 19 - Not very good at journaling, but this needs to be released. Please bear with me or move on if you're uncomfortable with rants and emotions. Sorry -

So I'm making progress, starting to get a feel for this Tiger Blood idea, feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. But then I had to download the photos from my phone to my computer for something unrelated, and *wham* right in the face - there's my "before" photos, on my 27" monitor. I am totally deflated by the reality of my current condition, and how far I've let myself go, and how far the journey is to get back to my ideal self...ugh. Before Whole30, I would throw my hands up, get rebellious and just eat whatever I wanted tonight to make myself feel better, happy, like I don't care what anyone thinks... blah, blah, and all those other lies we tell ourselves to cope with the hurt. Now, I have goals and hopes and plans that require me to stay the course. But, oh, the shame is like a heavy wet blanket of cold rejection and self-hate. I know this isn't "hard," but sometimes it really is difficult. (I'M NOT CRYING, MY EYEBALLS ARE SWEATING! *sniff*)

Aw, so sorry you're struggling. You can be your ideal self just as you are, first of all, our exterior doesn't dictate the actual person we are. But I do get it, when we have changed dramatically in an undesired direction, it can be deflating to know that we have a distance to go. Lots of people in the same boat so please don't feel alone. It might help to change your mindset a bit. Whatever happened in the last amount of time that caused this change, you made it out alive. You're here and you survived life and now you're back in a position to move in a desired direction. No one ever stays in one place - humans aren't static. You've got this - you do have goals and plans and you can stay the course, even though it feels upsetting right now. Sending positive thoughts to you! :wub:

Thank you, @ladyshanny. With a couple days' distance, I am in a better mind set. It seems as though now that my body is purged of bad foods, my mind is questioning the status of a lot of things in my life. My health & weight aren't the only areas that I've been hiding from, unfortunately. For now, this is one area I can control - and I'm enjoying it. I really appreciate having the support of the forum. Thanks again, guys. Best wishes as we finish week 3 strong!

Archived