Encouragement please!

Hello all,  I did my first W30 this January and felt amazing!  Since reintroducing everything (I think gluten was the main culprit) I have felt horrible emotionally.  I've even considered going back to my Dr for a small dose of Zoloft, which I've been on before, but have been fine without for a year or more, so I know I can be well without it!

I felt so amazing doing Whole 30, but I'm not sure if I have the discipline to do another round...but I know how amazing I felt doing it!  I'm torn.  I've been trying to eat fairly close to W30, without making all the special condiments.  I omit beans (eat PB), omit pasta but have occasionally eaten brown rice and quinoa.  I do eat dairy, but not as much as pre-W30.  When I make treats I try to keep them paleo, and I have an occasional glass of wine.  I continue to exercise and am healthy in that regard.

Can you all just encourage me to do a mini-reset, or give me your experiences and the benefits of doing a mini-reset?  I'm generally an all-or-nothing girl but don't think I can do another full round right now.

Thanks so much!  I'm missing my tiger blood!

Hi @HappyBecky  It's 1:40AM where I am and I can't get to sleep. I attribute this to the soy, gluten, carb laden, chemically laced, bad fat infused meal of Asian food washed down with a glass of wine and shared with my daughter and her husband at 8PM this evening. On my W30, I felt amazing and slept so well! This afternoon, I rode my bike for 40 km up into the Adelaide Hills and, right now, I should be sound asleep. I am not. And I know, without any doubt, that it is related to all of the non compliant foods that showed up on my plate and found there way into my mouth and are now rumbling around in my gut. 

It wasn't worth it. I really hate this feeling - headachey, gassy, with heartburn and anxiety and a desperate desire for sleep but, here I am, eyes wide open.

In 10 days, I return home to Canada and start my 2nd W30. I don't care if I don't want to go through it again so soon after completing my first one. I don't care if it's hard work. I don't care about how difficult it makes dining out and meeting friends for coffee. Right now, I want my tiger blood and I want my sleep. I want to make a clean break from winter in Australia and start spring in Canada with health, wellness, and a sense of taking care. I don't know what a post W30 life looks like for me in Canada since I haven't done that yet - I arrived here at the tail end of a W37. 

So - that's my plan because I deserve to feel well, healthy, happy and in charge of my life. If doing a great job managing my diet is what that is going to take, then that is what i am going to do. W30 seems a small price to pay for those things.

The crazy thing is that at the end of a W30 it becomes so second nature that it hardly feels like work to eat right!  "Small price to pay to feel well, healthy and in charge" is right!  Good luck Lorna!!

I think I've decided to do a W15 and see how I'm feeling at that point in time.

• 1 month later...

I’m in day 9 of W30. Its 9:00 Pm EST here and I should be going to bed soon. I’ve fixed myself a Chamomile Tea in hopes to satisfy me, but today, first day that I’m feeling the overwhelming urge to have something salty crunchy. By this I mean chips or Fritos....any suggestions I. How to get over these humps?  HELP

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 3/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, HappyBecky said:

Hello all,  I did my first W30 this January and felt amazing!  Since reintroducing everything (I think gluten was the main culprit) I have felt horrible emotionally.  I've even considered going back to my Dr for a small dose of Zoloft, which I've been on before, but have been fine without for a year or more, so I know I can be well without it!

I felt so amazing doing Whole 30, but I'm not sure if I have the discipline to do another round...but I know how amazing I felt doing it!  I'm torn.  I've been trying to eat fairly close to W30, without making all the special condiments.  I omit beans (eat PB), omit pasta but have occasionally eaten brown rice and quinoa.  I do eat dairy, but not as much as pre-W30.  When I make treats I try to keep them paleo, and I have an occasional glass of wine.  I continue to exercise and am healthy in that regard.

Can you all just encourage me to do a mini-reset, or give me your experiences and the benefits of doing a mini-reset?  I'm generally an all-or-nothing girl but don't think I can do another full round right now.

Thanks so much!  I'm missing my tiger blood!

If 30 days seems too daunting start small, like a 7 day reset. It's very possible that after 7 days you'll be feeling better and want to continue. 

Also focus on your mindset. Sometimes that's what holds me back! I tell myself, "I eat healthy, I am a healthy person" rather than "I'm trying to eat healthy, I'm trying to be a healthy person" :) besbest of luck!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
10 hours ago, TravelMom2 said:

I’m in day 9 of W30. Its 9:00 Pm EST here and I should be going to bed soon. I’ve fixed myself a Chamomile Tea in hopes to satisfy me, but today, first day that I’m feeling the overwhelming urge to have something salty crunchy. By this I mean chips or Fritos....any suggestions I. How to get over these humps?  HELP

Cravings can be so hard, especially at night! Honestly, when they happen to me I'll go to bed early. If I'm not sleepy tired yet I'll do my bedtime routine then read in bed awhile. The tea is something great to try as well. I'll usually do a sparkling water. Or just find some other way to distract yourself

Hang in there!! You've got this :)

Archived