a banana and hard boiled eggs for breakfast?

annekrol

• Moderators

It's acceptable, but we feel you'll have the best results if you try to make your meals look like the meal template (download it here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/). 

To make that breakfast match the template, you'd probably need either a third egg or some other protein (a serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, and that's usually 3-4 for most people), plus some kind of fat, plus some vegetables. So, three hard boiled eggs with mayo or half an avocado, a cup or two of vegetables, and a banana if you still want it with all the other would be a better option. But you'll still be doing a whole30 if you have the two eggs and a banana.

I have eaten a bowl of All-Bran with Greek yogurt and frozen (thawed) berries for breakfast for years and years and years. What a change now to my current breakfast of choice:

1/2 of a compliant sausage fried with half an onion, a, couple of cups of chopped kale, a chopped tomato and mushrooms (if I have them) topped with 2 or 3 (depending on my mood :) ) over easy eggs and sriracha. It fills me up and I have no need for snacks or fruit until 1 or 2 PM when I eat lunch.

Now, I realize that I am VERY lucky in that I am absolutely immune to food boredom. I can eat the same thing 100 days in a row without a problem but, still, the W30 approach is such an interesting shift in mindset from "breakfast foods" to meal template thinking. I hope you will take Shannon's advice and branch out into the meal template for all your meals @annekrol!

• 2 weeks later...

I struggled with breakfast through my entire first round of Whole30. On my second, I found something I love and can eat over and over - scrambled eggs and creamy soup! 

I eat three scrambled eggs (mixed with a splash of coconut milk, salt, and pepper), a couple of slices of bacon, and a big bowl of one of these three soups (which I kinda just rotate through, though the first is my absolute favorite): 

1. Golden Cauliflower Soup: http://meljoulwan.com/2012/10/24/golden-cauliflower-soup/
  2. Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup: https://meljoulwan.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/
  3. Roasted Carrot Caraway Soup: https://meljoulwan.com/2017/10/07/roasted-carrot-caraway-soup/

I make the soup in batches and then freeze them in mason jars. I pull one out the night before and then my breakfast takes just a few minutes to cook but is fresh and delicious! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 2:55 PM, Lorna from Canada said:

I have eaten a bowl of All-Bran with Greek yogurt and frozen (thawed) berries for breakfast for years and years and years. What a change now to my current breakfast of choice:

1/2 of a compliant sausage fried with half an onion, a, couple of cups of chopped kale, a chopped tomato and mushrooms (if I have them) topped with 2 or 3 (depending on my mood :) ) over easy eggs and sriracha. It fills me up and I have no need for snacks or fruit until 1 or 2 PM when I eat lunch.

Now, I realize that I am VERY lucky in that I am absolutely immune to food boredom. I can eat the same thing 100 days in a row without a problem but, still, the W30 approach is such an interesting shift in mindset from "breakfast foods" to meal template thinking. I hope you will take Shannon's advice and branch out into the meal template for all your meals @annekrol!

Since when is Sriracha compliant?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, cthew said:

Since when is Sriracha compliant?

Maybe this person has found a brand that is compliant?  If the ingredients are fine then the product is fine.  Or maybe they're using the term Sriracha to refer to hot sauce, many varieties of which can be found compliant.

Archived