EV's Whole30 Round 2 Food Log

anamchara1317

Day one (yesterday)

Breakfast: 2 medium eggs fried in olive oil, with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and Cholula hot sauce.  2 cups black coffee

Lunch: 3 large olives, 2 dill pickles; small bag of (approx 10) radishes, can of grapefruit sparkling water

dinner:  local grass-fed steak strips over salad (spinach, romaine, avocado, celery, carrot, green onions) with homemade dressing (chimichurra sauce from cookbook Well-Fed Paleo)

Day Two (4-2-19)

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs with cholula hot sauce

Lunch: smoked salmon over salad (leftover salad from last night - spinach, romaine, avocado, green onions, celery. carrots) with chimichurra sauce dressing

Dinner: local, grass-fed (antibiotic/hormone free) ground beef, 1 baked sweet potato, 1 small avocado with Cholula hot sauce and Moraccan dipping sauce from cookbook Well-Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love To Eat by Melissa Joulwan (same as above)

Also, I haven't really experienced The Hangover stage, but I was still quite hungry between meals.  I don't remember having many of the stages symptoms the last time I did Whole 30 (4 years ago to the month) either.  I wonder if this time will be different.  I am craving snack foods and sugar, and I definitely wanted wine with dinner and while cooking, especially.  We'll see where it goes.  

Day Three (4-3-19)

SOOOO tired today.  Not sure if Whole30 related or just trouble sleeping but time will tell.

Breakfast: egg frittata with veggies and leftover ground beef, black coffee

Lunch: Ground beef with Moraccan dipping sauce; 3 olives and 1 pickle

Dinner: Ginger shrimp with Zucchini noodle stir-fry (from The Whole30 Fast and Easy Cookbook)

Skipping ahead, because I forgot, but I have stayed compliant (even as angry as I've gotten/been over the weekend about wanting foods I can't have)...

Day 8 (Monday 4-8-19)

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs; coffee

Lunch: smoked salmon, olives, pickles, one large spoonful of almond butter

Dinner: locally and sustainably raised beef pot roast (made in instant pot); sweet potatoes, carrots and broth.

** I feel like I have slightly turned a corner.  I still crave mostly sweets, but I wasn't angry today, I didn't snack and I didn't feel a need to drink wine when others at the table were (and I love wine).

Day 9 (Tuesday 4-9-19)

Breakfast: 2 turkey Chomps meat sticks; coffee

Lunch: 2 fried eggs, small sweet potato with moroccan dipping sauce; 1/4 English cucumber

Dinner: Shakshouka with added homemade oven-roasted tomatoes

I struggled more today than yesterday.  I got despondent and bored and didn't want to cook.  I am enjoying the whole foods, but the restriction on bread (especially) and wine was just harder to push through than it had been.  I also have been questioning why I am even doing this.  Why the entire 30 days, when I've done it before?  Why am I doing it when no one else around me is? (although my fiance does happily eat whatever I may and he does encourage me)

Archived