Major Digestive Issues after day 30. HELP!!!

nikikym

I finished the W30 like a champ, wasn't hard for me at all actually. I had already cut milk and was using almond milk, I had already been eating and using coconut oil and I love veggies. I basically just had to cut foods like corn, grains, dairy and sugar. I decided at 30 that I would stick to the same diet and continued to make and eat a nutrient dense diet. I really haven't reintroduced anything and around day 35 or so I started feeling very bad. Ive had terrible abdominal pain from my stomach to my belly button, the feeling of food sitting in my stomach, bloat and then I started feeling very nauseated. After a few days of the abdominal pain and vomiting I got HORRIBLE diarrhea. I cant say I've ever had this in my life except when I had a bowel prep for my endometriosis surgery. I went to the Dr and they just assume vomiting and diarrhea is stomach flu. I got nausea pills and an anti inflammatory but 10 days later I still have HORRIBLE abdominal/belly button pain/burning and gas like pressure especially mid day. I added a good whole grain bread to up my carb intake and add fiber which helped with the diarea but not the gas/abdominal pain. . TMI even though the but Ive also noticed un digested salad in my stool.  It feels like terrible indigestion though Ive never had digestion issues. This HAS to be diet related. Help!! Do I give it more time? The Doctors dont seem to know what to do or how to approach it with the whole 30 diet. Should I be worried?

• Administrators

Sorry you aren't feeling well and apologies for the delayed response. How are you feeling now?

We aren't doctors so we can't help diagnose your issue but if you made it through 30+ days feeling fine, I wouldn't suspect it was Whole30 related. There are some stomach flus out there that are fairly long lasting so it could be that?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue.  I was concerned I had a stomach virus and maybe I do, but I feel fine and dont have any symptoms of a virus.

I am sticking with the Whole30, because I like the way I feel on it, but I did have a vodka on day 31 and it has been down hill from there. I'm fine all day, but after dinner (Whoke30 compliant) I have a serious diarrhea. 

I also vomited on day 34. It was horrible because I really didn't have much in me to vomit.  I don't ever get sick like this. 

Aside from the one vodka, 2 days later had a crab cake that had traces of gluten breadcrumbs. This is when I really got sick. Other than that no reintroductions.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I have done the Whole 30 together.  We are having the same problem!  The stomach cramping and diarrhea are awful.  It happens after we eat every meal!  We have been going through this for 10 days.  Are you feeling better?  How long has it been?  I need something to look forward to!

Archived