Round 2 - Day 2 - Jetlag isn't a terminal condition

Home from my annual 9 week, get-the-hell-out-of-winter trip to Australia. It's a long trip home - 5 hours from Adelaide to Aukland then 13 hours Aukland to Vancouver then 4 hours Vancouver to Toronto. Add in the internation grounding of Boeing 737-Max and thus a 12 hour delay in Vancouver followed by a unplanned and unwanted Red-eye flight to Toronto and you have 40 hours of travel no matter how you cut it. So - home and jetlagged and ready to get back on track so I feel as well as I did in January!

I did a W37 in January and ate pretty well on program afterwards until 2 weeks ago when I went off to Melbourne for a work related event. By then, trying to remain compliant in someone else's home (I live primarily with my daughter and her partner while I'm in Aus) was wearing thin and, since I had no control over my meals during my biz trip, I decide to Eat All the Things. Now, EATT is not a good thing for me - I don't do moderation well. I dove headfirst into the cheese platter; ate deli sandwiches like they tasted good (they did not); drank an entire bottle of wine over the course of a single day; consumed not one but 2 slices of lemon loaf with gooey frosting (so good!); and generally threw my happy body into a tailspin. It was an interesting experiment to watch but not much fun to live through. I returned to Adelaide feeling so sick but, tired of trying to remain compliant, I decided to just do my best until I got home. My best wasn't great. Within a week, my clothes were starting to feel a little more snug than they had and my guts were in turmoil.

So, now I am home and I am SO looking forward to this second W30. Today my focus is on cleaning my house and getting groceries and getting to the gym. That's a lot on a jetlagged plate but I will do it. I also want to set some other goals for myself and get my monthly bullet journal planned out. I have another work event in New York next week (I'll see 2 of the same people I saw in Melbourne - the modern world is a funny place!) and I need to be on top of my plans for that so I can be compliant for those 3 days. Lots of planning and preparation but I'm down for it.

Let's do this!

Wow that sounds like an ordeal! I too started to EATT and needed this system reset! I was so unhappy and sluggish when I was in that mode. 

We've got this second round. I'm so happy that I decided to do this, and that you started at the same time!

Me too @megbeveridge

Day 2 is in the bag - SOOOO easy this time :) maybe because it was so close to last time? I'm finding that I don't need to think about what to eat (or what NOT to eat!) or what to cook since I remember all the rules so well. I'm happy to be back home in control of my own kitchen. Hubs is happy to have me back - he's decided to rejoin me on the W30 ship! WooHoo! Since he finished his W30 on Feb 2 he has done pretty well. His life long "must eat sugar after dinner... give me sugar... me want sugar..." habit has been completely broken. No cravings at all. He hasn't regained any weight but, he's also been subsisting on deli chickens (full of sugar and salt), bags of salad (with chemically laden dressing packs included) and popcorn since I left.  Made him a pot roast tonight - happy man.

On to Day 3 - no worries about KATT or EATT - just keeping on keeping on.

@SchrodingersCat Thought of you as I buzzed into Melbin - had a crazy visit for 2 nights - ended up at Badger Creek feeding birds and riding Puffing Billy! Hope you felt some positive vibes coming your way!

Archived