Should I bother with reintroduction?

helenalena

Hello,
I'm on day 23, and thinking forward to reintroduction. I wonder if I should even bother doing it, because during my whole30 I have had absolutely no improvement of symptoms. No improvement in sleep, acne, or weight. At the same time, none of those symptoms have gotten worse.
I suspect I am still eating something I'm sensitive to, because I will still occasionally experience bloating or gas or indigestion after meals. I occasionally have some sniffles, which I've read is a symptom that occurs during reintroduction of problem foods. I haven't noticed any patterns which would link this to one specific thing I've been eating during my whole30.
My question is, since I can't use the whole30 as a baseline of perfect health to which to compare symptoms from reintroduction, is there any use in doing reintroduction? If I have bloating, for example, I won't know if it's from the reintroduced food or something I've been eating all along. Side note, because of a scheduled birthday trip I have coming up, I'll only have 6 whole days to do reintroduction, which means I can only try it with two food groups so as to give each the allotted full day as well as two subsequent days of whole30 to test symptoms.
Thanks

• Administrators

Hi @helenalena - Sorry that you aren't seeing any improvement! Can you take a minute to list out what you are typically eating? Include portion sizes, veggie quantities and types, meal timing etc. Do you have any underlying medical issues that would cause you to see resolution slower? (ie, IBS, autoimmune conditions etc)

Reintro at this point probably would be difficult to do just because of your ongoing digestive issues.

7 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Hi @helenalena - Sorry that you aren't seeing any improvement! Can you take a minute to list out what you are typically eating? Include portion sizes, veggie quantities and types, meal timing etc. Do you have any underlying medical issues that would cause you to see resolution slower? (ie, IBS, autoimmune conditions etc)

Reintro at this point probably would be difficult to do just because of your ongoing digestive issues.

So breakfast is pretty much always the same - 2 eggs, 2 or 3 slices of bacon or some prosciutto, half or whole avocado, maybe some sauteed mushrooms or half a sauteed bell pepper, hot sauce, and coffee

My lunch or dinner meals can be any of the following:

-Thai curry that I make one serving at a time with half a can of coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, garlic, package of shrimp/small can of tuna/portion of ground beef, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, green onion, basil, lime

-Big salad with turkey deli meat/chicken, various raw veg, olives, avocado, pickles, and mustard vinaigrette

-Cashew orange chicken with various sauteed veg served over a baked potato

-Store-bought spanish tortilla (potato and egg omelette) with olives, homemade baba ganoush with various raw veg

-10 slices of takeaway sushi/salmon sashimi served with coconut aminos and some kind of small salad

-I made meatballs and bbq sauce once and served alongside sauted broccoli but felt like I was eating soooo much meat in one sitting

Usually once a day (a few times twice) tagged onto the end of either lunch or dinner I'll have a date and nut bar.  Occasionally I'll have a fruit such as an apple dipped in almond butter or a few dates.  I was never a dessert/sweets eater before but it's really hard to get full on whole30 meals for me even though I've really upped my fat since the beginning.  In the beginning I was having to snack all the time but for the second half of whole30 I've just tacked what would've been a snack later onto the end of lunch or dinner.

I have no medical conditions.

Archived