What are you making for Easter?

sc1904

We host a big family Easter lunch most years. We live in the South and the food usually reflects that!

I’ll be on day 20 of my Whole30 so while the sugared spiral ham will definitely be on the table I’m going to try for a compliant main protein to accompany it and see if I can sneak in several compliant sides.

I’m curious as to what folks will be bringing to the table for the holiday. Thought it might be fun to share favorite recipes that others will go for and that might work well when preparing a lot of food. 

We are going totally non traditional this year.  Not just for me and my whole 30 but also some other dietary restrictions! We are having grilled meat probably steak and chicken, baked potatoes and asparagus.  I think if you want to stick with a fancy compliant protein a crown rib roast would be amazing!  

• Moderators

We don't do a fancy Easter dinner, we're more likely to grill burgers or something, but if I wanted an impressive compliant option for a main dish, rib roast as suggested above, rack of lamb, or a roasted chicken or duck would all be easy to make compliant. 

This is from a few years ago, it has some options that look really good for sides:  https://whole30.com/2016/03/best-of-whole30-recipes-easter/

Archived