Chelle's W30: Dec 26 - Jan 25

chelle81!

Chelle -

DO NOT GIVE UP! You have less than 2 weeks left. We are 60% complete tomorrow. I am going to find some time over the weekend to make some of those dressings and sauces to keep me going. I have fallen way behind on the green vegetable eating because they are so unappealing to me without some flavor. I do not live in Canada but pretty close - Minnesota. Actually have a cabin about a mile away from the Canadian border. I can tell that I have lost weight - have you tried on any formerly tight clothes and most pronounced is my stomach has gotten much flatter. Have to admit a little cheat...I belong to weight-watchers for over a year and even though I asked them not to tell me when I weighed in the last couple of times I did catch a glimpse of my weight and I had lost over 7lbs in just 10 days. Hang in there - it WILL happen. Think about the fact that you will be done a full 5 days before almost all the other people on this site!

Chelle, I am cheering you on! Hang in there! You can do this! Try eating some different things. I actually cut out extra servings of fruit during the day and I am having a better time of it. I think I am really sensitive to starches and fruit sugar. Just keep tweaking things, eating more or less of the different groups to find your balance...keep experimenting! I love what 411n808 says about trying pants on. My stomach is so flat and is continuing to cave in a bit. At least if you roll into day 30 'cleansed' of irritants then you can start the reintroduction process and know how each different food effects your body.

thanks guys - but nothing is loose, my stomach is still huge, I don't see or feel any better, I slept for 15 hours last night/today, the headaches and heartburn are a pain, and I'm really really tired of not having regular bm's :(

411n808 - I always forget that BodyPump (LesMills) is international... I love the LesMills classes! And I work 5 mins from the border (Windsor/Detroit) ... is that where your cottage is - Michigan?

not sure what I'm going to do at this point ... so discouraged ... even if I had one little inkling of a sign that this was helping in any way it would help me to be able to forge on ... but I can feel this crappy and eat the foods I like, so it seems really dumb

You know...it might help to post a daily food log. I think if people have a detailed picture of your day, it might help on what advice to give. Do you have any doctors in your area that blend western/eastern medicine? We have one here in town, and she is amazing! I suggest this, because maybe you have something going on that can be identified in some blood workups. I suggest a docotor of this sort or a Doctor of Osteopathy, because they tend to focus on the whole person, and use diet and other techniques to help a person heal their body.

I posted my food and the only thing they could come up with was consuming too much RAW cruciferous veg, so I cut down significantly the past 2 days - no change yet.

I have a naturopath dr that I see regularly - I have an appointment with her Friday, so I'll be talking to her about it ... I see both her and my regular dr regularly and nothing else has ever come up - other than asthma, obesity and depression - no other issues

Chelle -

Sorry to be indelicate but maybe you are really plugged up. I haven't yet gotten my BMs working to my liking either and it really feels full down there. The one thing that worked for me last week that I think I will try again was Kombucha. I don't know if you have ever noticed this but our bodies change in fits and starts not in a smooth course. So I think you will probably come to a point quite soon that a BIG change will happen. Keep it up! It will be interesting to see what your naturopath thinks. Let us know. Hang in there! We made it much further than we still have to go.

My cabin is on the Minnesota border nearest to Thunder Bay.

Susi

thanks guys - i totally quit and much happier for it ... i will be seeing my naturopath tomorrow to work with her on my food - clearly all the meat was not working out for me - i couldn't go any longer without regular bm's - it was making me feel so incredibly awful - i'm not back to 100% regular yet, but much better than the 18 days i was doing the W30 ... and i'm sure my naturopath will be able to put me on the right path

all the best to you guys!

Archived