Sign in to follow this  
Dre25

How long before visible changes? Day 10-1st WH30

Hi there! I have never posted on a forum before so slightly nervous to put myself out there like this.... 

I'm doing my first Whole30 alone after hearing about such great results from others...It's getting lonely here, so just looking for some encouragement. I'm on day 10. I am following the plan,  not weight myself, using the journal, read the text book and am halfway through Starts With Food (fascinating read!). I understand the science and am glad to be doing the program and understand it takes some time for the body to adjust. That said, many people have seen physical results by this time. As someone who works out every morning (45 - 90 min, including weights 2-3x per week), I thought I'd see that stubborn fat already burning away. Instead, maybe I see just tad bigger muscles (which really isn't my goal here...).  Anyway, does anyone have any encouragement here? Did you see more tangible, measurable external results later in the game rather than in the beginning? I was eating fairly "healthy" before, so perhaps that's why I'm no see dramatic changes - that said, what I thought was 'healthy' is now shattered by Starts With Food so, who knows what I was really doing to my body!! ;):) I"m just glad to be armed with so much great education. But, also, bring on the five pound weight loss, too, pretty please universe?:)

Thank you in advance!!

Hi @Dre25

I get where you’re coming from, it’s hard to see amazing results that get reported and not want to compare ourselves. The fact is though, Whole30 is not a weight loss program and it is extremely rare to be able to see noticeable body composition changes in 10 days. I’m definitely sensitive to the fact that when we are ready to see change, it feels like we’ve been waiting forever. But this is a long game. This is a 30 day experiment that often does have body-change results but it’s about more than that. It’s about finding and creating a sustainable way forward so that you can get to a place where you look and feel your best. That doesn’t happen in 10 days.