Rocky Start

Loyal Leslie

Hey. I started my Whole30 on Monday. It’s day 5 for me and I am really just now committing to completing the program. I tapped into my inner Gryffindor and drove straight in without any real prep or anything. Day 3 I almost quit. I was like “I don’t wanna play anymore.” the Walmart rosemary chicken meal saved my program. Day 4 after staring at labels I looked up the quitting on the website and did the action item. My friend gave me some tough love and the chipotle bowl put my head on straight again. I’m pretty sure I’ve had plenty of SWYP with dry roasted almonds and fruit crisps from Walmart. I’m always hungry and idk if it’s cravings or my body isn’t used to running off of decreased portions that include no grains or cheese. I’m going to try and stick it out. Honestly I never knew that sugar was in EV-ER-Y-THING. (No wonder everything instant tastes so good) I’m limited on the money I can spend, so I’m doing the best I can to stay compliant. I’m not saying that I’ll be perfect (these GV potatoes O’Brien that I used in my breakfast casserole have dextrose in the ingredients list and I’ll drop my question about that in another post) but I’m going to try. Wish me luck. 

Leslie

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Loyal Leslie said:

I’m always hungry and idk if it’s cravings or my body isn’t used to running off of decreased portions that include no grains or cheese.

For best results try to make all your meals match the meal template. Your portions will look different than pre-whole30, but they shouldn't be decreased. Especially be sure you add a fat serving or two, in addition to oil you cook in, and aim for 2-3 cups of vegetables at each meal. You can find the template here if you need it:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Archived