Starting May 1!

bartajordan

My name is Jordan and I'm starting Whole30 on May 1st! I am beyond thrilled for this food journey. I decided to start whole30 (with the push of my awesome mother :) ) after struggling with digestive issues for the last year. Little did I know that there are SO many MORE benefits to Whole30, and I can't wait to experience them and feel great!

Hi Jordan! This will not be my first whole30, but I really need to do another one. It completely changed my life when I started two years ago. I still eat relatively Whole30 style. I had SEVERE digestive issues that dissipated within two weeks of the Whole30. I learned a whole new way to cook and eat. So, while I may not be new, I would like to do an "Official" Whole30 again in May to reset. Also, since it has been a while I look forward to learning new things and recipes along the way!

Hey yall! Excited we can be together in this journey! Please share here the great discoveries you make and favorite recipes. Does anyone have one of the Whole30 books as a reference for tips and recipes? I really love the original Whole30 guide! It has great recipes that are the base for anything else I eat or do. I also have Fast and Easy, but have not used it much. If you find a good recipe in that one,let me know! I also recommend finding Whole30 on Instagram. There is a new cook each month who shares tips and recipes.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, JoniScott said:

Hey yall! Excited we can be together in this journey! Please share here the great discoveries you make and favorite recipes. Does anyone have one of the Whole30 books as a reference for tips and recipes? I really love the original Whole30 guide! It has great recipes that are the base for anything else I eat or do. I also have Fast and Easy, but have not used it much. If you find a good recipe in that one,let me know! I also recommend finding Whole30 on Instagram. There is a new cook each month who shares tips and recipes.

The Fast & Easy is my favourite book. I love the cabbage with sausages and potato sheet pan one, LOVE the shrimp and brocoli one, and we really liked the cuban peppers and beef (?) one that's in the crockpot section of that book. Basically I haven't regretted anything I've made out of that book!

Is everyone ready to start up tomorrow?! What are you doing today/tonight to prepare? This is my second Whole30 so I'm trying to remember some of the recipes, etc. that I liked from last time. The Whole30 Chili and Shepards Pie is awesome -- I also enjoyed making the mayo and using that as a fat. I also plan to grill my chicken this evening and get my veggies prepped!

We got this! 

4 hours ago, mcki0133 said:

Is everyone ready to start up tomorrow?! What are you doing today/tonight to prepare? This is my second Whole30 so I'm trying to remember some of the recipes, etc. that I liked from last time. The Whole30 Chili and Shepards Pie is awesome -- I also enjoyed making the mayo and using that as a fat. I also plan to grill my chicken this evening and get my veggies prepped!

We got this! 

Well. I just sold my Kitchen Aid mixer so that I won’t be tempted to make myself bread and cakes, which is what I used it for. And now I have an additional $50 to spend on groceries. 

Tonight when I get paid at 10 p.m. I’ll buy my groceries from Prime Now/ Whole Foods to be delivered first thing in the morning. I have a few recipes I’m making but mostly going to wing it and just make various meats with sautéed veggies. Keeping it simple and cheap...I cannot afford to make all the delicious million ingredient meals in The Whole 30 book, much as I’d like to. My grocery budget is $500 ish a month to feed two, and I cannot go any higher.

I’m worried I won’t have enough money to last the whole month, but even a whole 14 is still beneficial. I’m also getting nervous about quitting soda. No bread was bad enough but no soda. How am I going to do this? Eep!

Well I have ordered my groceries and my meat package from butcher box. Found a great deal from a Facebook ad, 9 lbs free meat (all roasts!). So I’m excited about that. The bulk of my groceries will be here in the morning. Man I love Prime Now!

Happy May Day!!! Good Luck everyone --- we got this! I have the Whole30 Day by Day book....it's awesome. Lots of tips/tricks and ideas on how to be successful. Eggs, broccoli, pico and avocado for breakfast today! 

Still waiting for my groceries to arrive -I’m hungry! I probably should have started tomorrow but I really wanted Day 1 to be on the 1st (also I was planning on sleeping in). Planning on eggs and spinach with compliant salsa and an avocado.

How did everyone do yesterday? I went to grocery store and bought the nutpods for my coffee...surprisingly, they they tasted great! That will be a staple for me -- also purchased some of the primal kitchen dressings that are W30 approved. Good Luck today!

Archived