Starting May 1!

bartajordan

19 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

Nutpods is actually pretty good I’m impressed. Although it’s pretty expensive. 

Try canned coconut milk. Just make sure it’s compliant. Do you have a Trader Joe’s where you live? They have a fat free or low fat on that is compliant if the full fat is too much. 

Starting Day 5 here and doing well. It's time consuming and a PITA but physically I'm sleeping better and have more energy (still need that level to rise though) but haven't experience really any withdrawal/detox so I've been pleasantly surprised by that.  Good luck tomorrow!

I want to eat everything today! EVERYTHING.

i just ate breakfast 2.5 hours ago and I ate plenty but I could eat again. I read that’s common for this phase but wow is it true.

Still don’t want to kill all the things, maybe that won’t happen to me. My reflux has improved exponentially, I’m sleeping better too. 

@Pandora Black great NSVs that’s awesome. I am looking forward to felling better. It is so true on days you want to just eat everything. I will try a little more fat and carb veggie like sweet potatoes. And that sometimes helped me. My kill all things lasted about 3 days the last time so hopefully you won’t go through this. 

Ok, I just jumped down my roommates throat because he paused the microwave as I was waiting for my baked potato to finish. Clearly kill all the things has begun.

He even said to me “what’s with you today you’ve been grumpy all day” 

I didn’t even realize.

1 hour ago, mcki0133 said:

The weekend went well for me --- but, today I seem to be wanting EVERYTHING. I literally took a walk to remove myself from work situations that were tempting....just keep swimming! 

I feel you. I just went to Starbucks with my friends and it was so hard to just drink unsweetened tea. 

This is my first Whole 30 adventure. Yesterday was Day 1 for me. Am looking forward to this journey and am interested in recipes. I eat relatively healthy, but felt that I needed a program to "clean things up a bit". And, I wanted something to help with a weight loss plateau.  Glad to be a part of this journey!

@Pandora Black, @Laurie's All In, @mcki0133 and @Lisa C. I am going to join you all here on this thread. Mine no one is posting and I need more support. I am hoping you all are still doing great on the program. I completed day 1 yesterday. I have a slight sore throat today but I am thinking that this is all part of the detox. Have a great day and I will check in tonight. I also post all my food here so that if there is a problem the moderators can help out. Have a great day. 

40 minutes ago, Elizabeth33 said:

@Pandora Black, @Laurie's All In, @mcki0133 and @Lisa C. I am going to join you all here on this thread. Mine no one is posting and I need more support. I am hoping you all are still doing great on the program. I completed day 1 yesterday. I have a slight sore throat today but I am thinking that this is all part of the detox. Have a great day and I will check in tonight. I also post all my food here so that if there is a problem the moderators can help out. Have a great day. 

Come on over to the logs - there's a good group of us who are logging regularly that starting on and around May 1st. Not Moderatored but there's support. 

So today I have been dealing with a sore throat on and off all day. Tonight it is really bad. My Chiro check me for viruses and bacteria which I didn't have so I am not sick but  the detox is manifesting itself as a sore throat. I gargled with salt water and need to check the ingredients for throat coat tea and if compliant I will get tomorrow. I am drinking my Calm (mag) and took my sleepy vits already and I am getting ready for bed. 

Today my memory was still bad and missed some things at work but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I have been somewhat achy this time which I haven't been in a while. I really didn't want to eat lunch but knew I needed to which is why the shake although I don't use them on the Whole 30 but it was all I could stomach. It was compliant. I did eat a very large dinner. Meals this week are off because my jobs are only 3 hours and I can't take a lunch break in that amount of time so my lunches are coming until 2 so I will need to eat a small breakfast and then another small meal before I start my work to bring me through 2 pm. I will need to figure that out. I have that problem on Sat & Sun as well. I work 10-5 and take a break at 2. I am somewhat grouchy today and frustrated that I keep forgetting things for a particular client. I am working for her tomorrow and need to make sure I am very present and write everything down and check the texts to make sure I don't miss anything like I did yesterday and today. She is difficult to work for which doesn't help matters either. 

Here is my food for the day.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs with 2 bacon, broccoli, and red potatoes

Snack: 2 Scrambled eggs and 3 chunks of plantains 

Lunch: Collagen, vitamins, 2 C spinach & Kale with ¼ C berries blended

Snack: Epic meat stick

Dinner: Large bowl of Lamb stew w/ ½ pear and lastly 7 olives

I am going to try not to eat before bedtime. Night time is always the hardest for me because I get the munchies and usually graze. I did solve the issue with eating too many nuts - I got the raw organic ones and I don't over eat them. YAY!!

Day 2 is in the bag.

I have had a very rough night tonight. I got the chills and slept with my covers on for the first time in a month. When I go up to go to the bathroom I was freezing. It got better as the night went on so that at 1:30 I was cold but not freezing. This morning I took my temp and 100.4. I do fee like shit and a little headachy. I did my physical therapy I do feel better. I sore throat is not as bad. But I’m still not interested in eating. The thought of eating anything really just makes me want to go blah.  

My day has not gone much better. I have felt badly and fever is 100.8 which sucks. I am still finding it difficult to eat. I have made more bone broth and Bieler Broth (zucchini , celery, green beans and parsley that is pureed up. I did manage to get some things down but for the most part it has been water. I am hoping tomorrow is better

I’m sorry you’re so sick. Throat coat tea and fresh ginger root tea is what I’d recommend. They’re both compliant. 

Ginger root tea 

2 tablespoons sliced fresh ginger

2 cups water

boil 10-20 minutes. Optional: add juice from 1 lime or lemon.

I seem to be having an eat all the things day every few days. I guess that’s normal but it’s very unpleasant as I’m hungry constantly.

Archived