Not feeling the expected effects

Hi,

I am on day 22 of whole30, I will say that my clothes are fitting better, energy may be a little better, but not noticeably improved. I did not have any GI issues before starting, but definitely back/neck/joint pain which has had zero improvements. My sleep also has always been terrible waking up every 1-3hrs, mostly due to back pain, but not always and this hasn't had any improvements at all. I have been very dedicated to following the rules and eating clean foods including organic meats/fresh veggies, but eat egglands best eggs (but not eating eggs daily). I have zero sugar and read ingredients on everything I use/cook. I am on daily multivitamins/calciums per doctors order for absorption issues, these vitamins do have xylitol, fructose, hydrogenated highly refined soybean oil, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium sterate (vegetable, and sucralose in micro amounts as well as cbd oil (pure hemp oil). These are prescribed therefore I didn't give them up, in the experienced whole30 people out there is this really enough to make me feel really no results?

Thanks for your time,

Mel

• Administrators

It's impossible to say if the ingredients in your medicine are affecting your reset. You have had results though so you can say that something is changing. The fact that chronic pain hasn't changed and is still affecting your sleep is not unusual. 22 days of eating protein, veggies and fat is unlikely to make a significant difference in serious pain conditions. Often inflammation is reduced over the 30 days which can help with some pain but it also very often takes longer and we find people that do have pain serious enough to disrupt sleep may need longer on the program. It's also possible that your pain isn't completely based in inflammation or auto-immune and if that's the case then Whole30 may not have a completely healing effect.

If I were you I would keep at it, your clothes are fitting better and you are having some increased energy so you're heading in the right direction.

Archived