Too much meat!

Ilana46720

Hi everyone! Today is my second day on whole 30. I think I’m doing well so far!! My only thing is that I feel like I’m eating way to much meat (chicken and beef). I don’t eat fish so I know I’m limited. All of my meals today had a meat in it and now I just feel disgusted. Any meatless (no fish) recipes out there? Also I feel like I am eating so much oil (olive oil of course) I never consumed this much. Everything I make is with it. I know I can use ghee or coconut oil, but anything without oil at all? Or is this just what whole 30 is? Help! 

I’m afraid I’m being more unhealthy then I was before I started :(

• Moderators

Non-meat meals would use eggs for protein, and there are lots of options for that. I like this one, though it is a little bit of trouble to make because of draining the zucchini noodles: https://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/. This one has chicken, but feels light to me:  https://meljoulwan.com/2011/05/08/paleo-pad-thai/

Why do you not eat fish? If it's a texture or flavor preference, maybe we could help you find some that you might like. Of course if it's an allergy, then it's not an option at all.

Some of the tips here might be helpful:  http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/

As for the fat, it is important to have some fat with each meal, because it will help keep you satisfied between meals, and because healthy fats are actually good for you. But if you don't want as much oil, you could have a handful of olives or some avocado/guacamole, or make dips or sauces or dressings that may not feel as oily.

Thank you so much. I don’t eat fish because I am allergic to shell fish. Yes, I know that is not the only type of fish but I just never grew up eating it,  and it has never been a part of my diet. 

I know it’s only going to be my 3rd day, but I feel like I’m gaining weight! is that possible?? 

4 hours ago, Ilana46720 said:

Thank you so much. I don’t eat fish because I am allergic to shell fish. Yes, I know that is not the only type of fish but I just never grew up eating it,  and it has never been a part of my diet. 

I know it’s only going to be my 3rd day, but I feel like I’m gaining weight! is that possible?? 

Probably not gaining weight. Seems like you're freaking yourself out a little bit, which does no good at all for your body. 

If you feel like you're using too much oil, cut back a little bit and see how you feel. See if your meals are still keeping you satiated for 4-5 hours. Play around with lighter meals (salads or grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies) and add plated fats like avocado or olives instead of using oil as a main fat source. 

You're on day 3. Take a couple deep breaths, step back, and know that it'll be okay. 

Thank you!! My meals are definitely keeping me full for 4-5 hours for sure. I am definitely never hungry which is a good thing! I guess I’m just not used to that feeling. Idk why I just feel bigger. But You’re right, it’s probably in my head. But I am definitely eating a lot more potatoes then normal lol 

Archived