Starting over May 1st

Loyal Leslie

I’m going to recommit to my Whole30 on May 1st. I originally started April 15 but lack of planning and really understanding the program have hindered me. I’ve been sorta clean in the meantime but I know I am going to have to plan my meals because when I have nothing prepared at home it makes it easy to cheat and grab a non compliant meal. I’ve not had any fast food other than Chipotle and one desperate lunch at Chick-fil-A so that is a plus for me. I’m actually planning a grocery trip Sunday and plan on prepping for the whole month if possible and freezing a lot of my meals. I not ready yet but I’ll get there. 

That’s a big project, cooking/prepping for the whole month! I’m ordering my groceries at the last second because I get paid Tuesday night. So they will arrive Wednesday morning. 

I’m a little worried I will run out of food. Funds are tight right now and I’m on disability. I normally live on carbs and then some more carbs. And don’t forget sugar. This is going to be such a challenge!

Wishing you luck! This will be my second attempt also.

One tip that might help others that are broke: butcherbox.com has all the fancy, pasture raised meats cheaper than anywhere else. I was browsing the affiliate links and found them. Their prices really are not terrible. I’m getting most of my meat from them.

Archived