Starting soon but have some questions!

Meg_H

Hey guys! 

My name is Megan and I’m about to start soon. Before I pick a start date I really would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on where to shop that has almost all/all of the ingredients needed for this life change. I have a very busy life and don’t have time to go to four stores to get every item needed. Not to mention that I’m a beginner cook as well! Please help!

Thanks, 

Meg 

I don’t know if you have a Whole Foods by you. I can get everything there. That being said I usually go to Ralph’s because I can get somethings cheaper.

You can also order things online https://thrivemarket.com/certifications/whole30-approved?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=DynamicSearchAds&utm_content={adgroupid-m}&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2IrmBRCJARIsAJZDdxCJ5HNZ2AOY2raChjlVI0iVb7Uaf_U73rrLVTxChXXwipNbQNcEBaEaAsTGEALw_wcB

https://whole30.com/whole30-approved/

• Administrators
On 4/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, Meg_H said:

Hey guys! 

My name is Megan and I’m about to start soon. Before I pick a start date I really would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on where to shop that has almost all/all of the ingredients needed for this life change. I have a very busy life and don’t have time to go to four stores to get every item needed. Not to mention that I’m a beginner cook as well! Please help!

Thanks, 

Meg 

I would stick to protein, veggies, fats and some fruits. If you are a beginner cook, grilling meats and roasting veggies is the simplest way to get going. Sauteing ground meats works as well and then you could add easy fats like avocado, olives, ghee etc. You can also do hard boiled eggs, canned proteins/fishes, cut veggies etc. Entering in to this program AND learning how to cook recipes at the same time can be overwhelming - I would just try to keep it as simple as possible as you're getting started.

I buy online. There is a yearly fee (though you can start with a trial and then cancel before you get charged if you just want to stock up), but Thrive Market has everything I want for Whole30 compliant sauces, oils, dressings, marinades, snacks, etc. These items are pricey, but if you have the means to afford them, they can make life a lot simpler! 

Here are some of my favorite items, all of which are available on Thrive: 

• Tessemae's BBQ sauce 
  • Tessemae's Ketchup  
  • Tessemae's Buffalo Sauce (both hot and regular) 
  • Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo 
  • Primal Kitchen Ceasar Dressing 
  • Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
  • Primal Kitchen Green Goddess Dressing
  • The New Primal Classic Marinade (wonderful for stir fry) 
  • The New Primal Citrus & Herb Marinade
  • The New Primal Class BBQ Sauce
  • The New Primal Mustard BBQ Sauce 
  • Thrive Market Organic Tuscan Pepper Pasta Sauce 
  • Yai's Thai Yellow Coconut Curry

Archived