Runner and bride-to-be, Monday April 29th Start!

MAYHEM

GREETINGS EVERYONE! So nice to meet you and be here. 

A little about me: 

I am a 29 year old woman who works in admissions at a large university in California. While my name is not MAYHEM, I'll go by it in this forum. 

About five years or so ago, I decided to make the change from being lifelong overweight to reclaiming my health and fitness. I became active on the reddit "Loseit" forum (I absolutely believe having this support group was crucial in my success in entering a healthy weight, if you're looking for that kind of thing), learned how to portion control, and began exercising. I learned about so many amazing foods, tried out so many cool new recipes, and learned I love exercise, particular long-distance running, weight lifting, and hot pilates/yoga. I ran half marathons, finished a full marathon, etc. I lost about 45 pounds, and over the last couple of years I have gained some weight back. I especially had a hard time after my dad had a heart attack early last year. My relationship with food has always been difficult, as I eat for comfort, and often can feel out-of-control with it. I have kept up my active lifestyle, but I know I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to rebuilding my eating habits.

A lot of people have told me about Whole30, and I recently picked up and read the Whole30 program book. I'm really excited to give it a shot, starting Monday, April 29th. I am about two months out from my wedding in June (!!!), and had been looking to dry out from alcohol for a while -- but I'm really excited about the potential benefits of doing a Whole30 round, especially given the timing -- clearer skin, more energy and focus, weight loss, etc. are all things that sound attractive for a bride-to-be. But I am really hoping I can find some of the "food freedom" mentioned in the book. 

Any kindness, welcome, or pieces of advice are appreciated, especially for a runner or someone who also has a wedding coming up!

Love and kisses,

MAYHEM

Archived