FOOD SHOULD NOT GIVE YOU THE “ITIS”

Loyal Leslie

I honestly haven’t read the Whole30 book yet or it starts with food. I picked up the Whole30 day by day book to be my guide when I restart on 5/1. However, I grabbed breakfast today at Whole Foods. Not W30 compliant but a modest portion because my first try with W30 at least taught me my portions to be full. I ate four pieces of bacon, a small portion of breakfast potatoes with peppers and onions and some scrambled eggs with cheese. Not super great but hey I’d been eating pretty clean since stopping my first W30 attempt, surely a little cheese wouldn’t hurt. MAN!!! I of course picked this up in the middle of a parts delivery and eating while driving. As soon as the food started settling I got sleepy. Thankfully I also had a coffee with me and it’s finally kicked in. But for a spell I was fighting to keep my eyes open on the road. Not cool man. It was “the itis” 

When the coffee lifted the sluggish haze, I came to the realization that the food I ate was directly responsible for the sudden onset of my sleepiness. And now the gas tearing up my gut. It quite literally starts with food. I realized my food should energize me, not zap it out of me. I adore cheese, but it may not adore me. Good food will not give you the itis. It’s that simple. Armed with this revelation, the time has come for me to Whole30 for my life. 

6 hours ago, Loyal Leslie said:

my food should energize me, not zap it out of me

yesssssssssssss

Cool realization! I've just started Whole30 (literally Day One today, haha) but I cannot wait to be having these kinds of insights into how my body is processing certain kinds of food. I eat a lot of dairy on the regular (mostly in the form of cheese, Greek yogurt, protein powder, etc.) so I'm really interested to see how that affects my skin specifically. 

23 hours ago, Loyal Leslie said:

I I adore cheese, but it may not adore me. 

Oh SAME. I can eat certain makes of cheese in very small quantities, but I have to be really selective if I want to enjoy the experience without the suffering. Well done idenitfying and acknowledging your response. 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:14 AM, cinco_mouser said:

Oh SAME. I can eat certain makes of cheese in very small quantities, but I have to be really selective if I want to enjoy the experience without the suffering. Well done idenitfying and acknowledging your response. 

I hope when this is done I get dairy back! I'll be sad without cheese and ice cream. 

Archived