Meal out on Day 19! Help!

natalieacw

Help please! My partner and I started our whole30 and completely forgot about a murder mystery night that we have booked! They won’t let us rebook it and it was a gift so I do not want to cancel it! 

Please see the attached menu, does anyone have any tips on what we could try that won’t trash our progress so far? We have both stuck to it solidly but also want to enjoy our meal out! 

Any help would be much appreciated

Natalie81AE5805-392A-4FC1-9AC9-FA7B312C6050.thumb.png.09ff0e8ab28f96fccda7194b5dc9105b.png

• Administrators

Sorry, without significant modification, nothing on this menu would be compliant. Dairy and grains appear in all of the options and those are both significant gut disruptors for many people. I would try contacting the people doing the cooking and see if you can discuss with them what they can do to accommodate you.

My mom has IBS and fibromyalgia. She keeps a fairly strict diet at all times to try to navigate food without running into issues. She also really enjoys taking weekend getaways to a nearby monastery, where the meals are prepared by the monks and there is no substitution nor customization... but they DO allow her to bring her own food, for instances where their meals would not work well for her.

For your situation, I'd check with the venue to find if they'd allow you to bring your own food. Just explain that you're in the middle of an elimination diet geared to pinpointing food allergies and intolerance, and that their menu doesn't offer you any options that would allow you to enjoy their fare while still following the prescribed elimination plan. It's possible (though not probable) that they've got an entirely separate set of options that are very basic and would actually meat your needs, but either way it's worth asking. They definitely wouldn't want to contribute toward allergic reactions ;) 

Archived