Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Pandora Black

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should probably note that my nausea went away. 

Also experiencing detox symptoms. Foggy, tired so tired. Woke up with a headache too.

Lunch was leftover steak, a small baked potato with clarified butter, and roasted spaghetti squash.

Dinner will be homemade pork sausage patties and roasted broccoli.

Evening snack (I know it says not to, but I absolutely must eat at 10pm when I take my night meds or they won’t absorb properly) was an apple and a spoonful of almond butter. I had the same snack last night and forgot to log it. 

I just want carbs. Carbs and sugar. I’m not hungry and it’s definitely a craving. *sigh* when again is it supposed to get easier?

Ok so I had a migraine all night and I’ve been up almost 24 hours. I had a baked potato with clarified butter around 2 am (as at that point I hadn’t eaten in six hours and was starving) and just ate breakfast at six a.m. Breakfast was 4 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, some pico de Gallo and extra roasted broccoli. 

Everybody's journey through this process is different, I think. Like you, I have a medication schedule which must be adhered to. It's not an option. I think it doesn't qualify as snacking if it is medically necessary. For example, if a person is diabetic and their blood sugar drops, no one anywhere would tell them not to snack because the rules of Whole30 say no snacking. I take medication at 3pm every day, and that medication cannot be taken on an empty stomach. I reserve a section of my lunch for 3pm and merrily move forward.

6 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

Lunch was zoodles topped with marinara and ground beef. I absolutely am obsessed with this crockpot recipe my roommate found years ago. It’s totally compliant and so yummy.

Ooo, would you mind hooking me up with the recipe, if convenient? Sounds tasty! I would fear cooking zoodles in a crockpot, I feel like I'd turn them to mush so I'm super curious how yours works!! 

9 hours ago, MAYHEM said:

Ooo, would you mind hooking me up with the recipe, if convenient? Sounds tasty! I would fear cooking zoodles in a crockpot, I feel like I'd turn them to mush so I'm super curious how yours works!! 

Agreed! I'd think total mush. I'd love the recipe as well. 

My lunch today was so pretty I took a picture. Shepherd’s Pie with ground lamb and purple sweet potatoes, and rainbow chard. That’s an entire bunch of chard, next time I’ll cook two bunches. And I’ll probably eat some extra zucchini with dinner. I’m planning on steak and zucchini. I got filet mignon in my butcher box and I’m excited to try it.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

This eat all the things phase is killing me. I’m so hungry!

This will pass, but it is okay to eat. Maybe try something like a baked sweet potato with ghee or oil with your next meal, sometimes starchy vegetables seem to be more filling than zucchini or salad. Or have an avocado (yes, a whole one) or a big handful of olives with your meal, the fat might help as well. Or all of the above if that's what it takes, it's fine. You will probably be feeling less hungry in a day or two, but if you're hungry enough that it's distracting you, eat.

Archived