Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Pandora Black

9 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

This will pass, but it is okay to eat. Maybe try something like a baked sweet potato with ghee or oil with your next meal, sometimes starchy vegetables seem to be more filling than zucchini or salad. Or have an avocado (yes, a whole one) or a big handful of olives with your meal, the fat might help as well. Or all of the above if that's what it takes, it's fine. You will probably be feeling less hungry in a day or two, but if you're hungry enough that it's distracting you, eat.

Thank you! I’m about to eat a baked potato with clarified butter as soon as it’s ready. I’ll probably eat olives with it too. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5:

Breakfast

4 scrambled eggs with pico de gallo, 2 strips bacon.

Lunch

Tons of sautéed zucchini (extra portion since I just hate vegetables in the morning) chicken thighs (double portion).

Dinner

Chicken thighs (double portion), zoodles topped with compliant marinara, baked potato with clarified butter, handful of olives.

Evening snack

small baked potato with clarified butter.

Believe it or not I’m STILL hungry.

3 hours ago, cinco_mouser said:

I have days where I am nothing but a walking vortex of hunger. It could be hormones fluctuating, it could be blood sugar patterns shifting. I've found I'll have a day of hungry, and then not. This has evened out for me with time. 

Yeah my fist three days were smooth sailing I wasn’t particularly hungry at all. Didn’t need to snack. But yesterday and today I want to eat EVERYTHING!

Day 6:

Breakfast 4 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, zucchini.

Lunch: 1 hamburger wrapped in lettuce with compliant mayo and ketchup, baked potato with clarified butter, sautéed spinach. 

Dinner: Exactly the same as lunch except I added 1 mango.

16E6B7BD-B33C-44CB-AC4D-49C85C557F8A.jpeg

092084D7-D982-4167-A13A-B70937F50B37.jpeg

Day 7

Breakfast

4 eggs, 2 strips bacon, lots of spinach

Lunch

Pork Chop with pico de gallo, green beans, sweet potato wedges and a handful of olives

Dinner

Pot roast, potatoes and carrots. Was amazing!

I am exhausted today. I took a three hour nap and I’m still tired. The book wasn’t kidding about the fatigue.

525FDB69-E4AB-4470-B0A7-774486B3B163.jpeg

5009A41A-6B7D-4A7D-8D3B-49D5B29E71F2.jpeg

It’s day 8 and I’m still exhausted (the book said people perk up today. Lies! I’m MORE tired). I’m pretty irritable/annoyed in general and it doesn’t help that they’re doing construction on my apartment complex so all day long I hear *pound* *pound* *pound* And even though I’ve been careful to follow the template I’m still hungry a lot. And my cravings! I would sell my soul for a warmed Starbucks croissant right now. 

Day 8

Breakfast 

4 eggs with pico de gallo, 1/2 avocado. Sweet potato wedges.

Lunch

Egg Salad “Sandwich” on lettuce, green beans

Dinner:

Two servings pork chop, sweet potato wedges, green beans w/clarified butter on them, serving of raspberries.

A83282AF-004E-4528-9DD7-F3B21B340E1B.jpeg

Day 10:

Breakfast 4 eggs, 1/2 avocado, Pico de Gallo

Lunch: leftover chicken thigh, leftover pork chop, green beans, some olives and coconut flakes. Oh, I think I love coconut flakes a little too much!

Dinner:

Chicken salad on romaine lettuce with compliant mayo, sweet potato wedges.

I’m going to have to have a snack with my meds based on when I ate dinner (7 pm, don’t take meds till 8 or 9).

Yesterday I ate like three meals and two mini meals and I was hungry all day. It was all compliant food of course but I feel like I ate more than the program suggests. Melissa said it’s hard to overeat real food and I’m like uh...challenge accepted lol. I did have to take a Zyprexa two nights ago which does increase appetite, so perhaps that is why. Still eagerly waiting for the tiger blood phase. 

Day 12

My usual breakfast (and that was the last of my pico de gallo, sadly)

Lunch was steak, green beans, coconut flakes.

Dinner was pulled pork (sadly no compliant bbq sauce so I ate it plain), more green beans, sweet potato wedges, coconut flakes

I need to go shopping soon for vegetables. And I need some marinades or something, I’m experiencing food boredom.

Well it’s after midnight and officially it’s my birthday. I had a horrible Mother’s Day, my kids didn’t even bother to text me and I don’t talk to my mom. So I’m feeling pretty emotional/sorry for myself. I feel like I’m about to have a mixed episode so I took a Zyprexa, which means tomorrow I’ll likely be foggy, fatigued and hungry all day (which makes it that much harder to stay compliant). I wish diet could cure mental illness, wouldn’t that be nice and simple. I wish I could get off this drug entirely but I cannot.

I literally spent every available cent on food for the whole 30. And I knew I’d be going without something nice for my birthday as a result. But I didn’t think I’d feel so bummed about it. I’m also panicking a little as I see my storage of food run out. I may have no choice but to go off plan as the month wears on. I’m so sick of being broke and disabled, it really does suck.

I think I have reached the downhill slope of my whole 30. My appetite isn’t insane, my cravings are worlds better, and I’m feeling positive benefits and NSVs. My reflux/nausea is completely, totally, 100% gone. My energy levels are going up exponentially. I really haven’t felt this good in years. I’m very pleasantly surprised. Even my chronic pain is improving!

This is totally worth sacrificing a birthday present.

Day 13

Breakfast: 4 eggs and 1/2 an avocado. I’m running out of food right now, that was as close to the template as I could get.

Lunch: pulled pork, small baked potato with clarified butter, green beans, coconut flakes

Dinner: steak, baked potato with clarified butter, green beans

I just found out that the check I’m waiting to clear so I can get more food won’t clear till Thursday, at least. I don’t know if I can eat green beans that long!

Archived