Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Pandora Black

Day 14

Breakfast: 3 eggs (and that was the last of my eggs), hash browns, coconut flakes

Lunch: pulled pork, green beans, leftover hash browns, 1 avocado 

Dinner: Chicken salad (sadly, by itself as I have no lettuce to put it on), green beans.

If I ever see another green bean after this it will be too soon.

I may not have the money to do this for the duration of the month. I may have no choice but to eat the legumes in my pantry at some point. I’m hoping and praying I can make it through the month, but I’m already pretty much out of food.

My ex girlfriend is going to help me on Thursday or Friday (whenever her check clears) so hopefully I can snag some bargain priced meat and vegetables. Next month it will be better, as this month I had a $400 bill to pay and that really drained my income. It’s so hard living on disability. And it doesn’t help that all over these forums and the Facebook groups people are talking about all the trips and cruises they’re taking. 

All that said, I’m really doing well right now. My cravings are gone I cannot believe it! I have a TIGER BLOOD! I was worried that this might not happen to me (my diet was pretty bad before). I’m really pleased. And my nausea is still totally gone.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, last night my roommate made us chicken salad, some for me with compliant mayo and some for him with regular mayo. I decided to have a mini meal at 11 p.m. (don’t judge me!) and I accidentally ate two bites of his very non compliant chicken salad. But like, how much of that mayo even got into my system? I refuse to start over, I think that would be ridiculous in this case. I’m just irritated, the perfectionist in me is like “Well if you don’t start over it’s not a whole 30!” Sigh.

Day 15

Breakfast : leftover pulled pork, green beans, an avocado 

Lunch: steak, green beans with clarified butter 

Dinner: same as lunch + a baked potato 

Tomorrow I go food shopping thank God. I don’t think I can even look at another green bean. I’m so sick of being poor.

Someone PLEASE talk me down from the ledge I’m so frustrated about how much this is costing and my lack of food and money I’m ready to just throw up my hands and quit. I have pantry foods that I can eat that aren’t compliant and they’re calling to me. I have $65 to last two weeks. I’m out of all produce and have about 4 days worth of meat left, tops.

Is anyone even reading this thing? I haven’t seen a comment or reaction in days and it’s making me want to quit this log or log elsewhere.

Anyway.

Day 16 

I had no food in the morning to make a decent meal out of, and lots of grocery shopping to do. After shopping, my ex girlfriend took me out to Chipotle and I had the whole 30 salad, it was pretty good and it felt great to eat a meal I didn’t have to cook or wait for. So that was meal 1.

Meal 2 was steak and roasted spaghetti squash, coconut flakes.

Meal 3 is in the crockpot as I type this, it’s going to be spaghetti squash with meat sauce. And I’ll probably add a baked potato as I haven’t had any starchy carbs today and I need them (I’m bipolar and carbs play a role in serotonin production).

I just got my period today and though I do still have tiger blood boy am I *emotional* I can’t even stand myself right now.

Hi!! I am reading, just been flat out the last couple of days! 

I'm glad you got your groceries and a Chipotle meal! I'm so jealous of compliant ways to eat out in the US - I know there aren't tons, but there's options, at least. Add that to the options for compliant bacon, and sausage and stuff and I'm very envious. 

UGH to period, just what you need, hey? I too have a hormonal IUD and never get them, but my first round, boy did my body try! I hope to escape that this round.

1 minute ago, doubledee said:

Hang in there! Eating this way is expensive but you're more than halfway through now--you can make it! I didn't know Chipotle has a Whole30 salad. I may have to check it out as I'm nervous about messing up if I eat out.

Yeah it is expensive. Being vegan and living on beans rice and pasta is much cheaper, but that’s how I got to be 300 lbs, so.

Ok so the Chipotle salad is lettuce, carnitas, guacamole, and fajita veggies. Make sure you get the carnitas as that’s the only compliant meat.

28 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Hi!! I am reading, just been flat out the last couple of days! 

I'm glad you got your groceries and a Chipotle meal! I'm so jealous of compliant ways to eat out in the US - I know there aren't tons, but there's options, at least. Add that to the options for compliant bacon, and sausage and stuff and I'm very envious. 

UGH to period, just what you need, hey? I too have a hormonal IUD and never get them, but my first round, boy did my body try! I hope to escape that this round.

Where do you live?

I’m not wild about bacon (there. I said it!) and I find I like to make my own sausage via the recipe in the whole 30 book.

I have PCOS so I never know when to expect it! I should have had a clue last night though, I was beside myself over not having enough grocery money (budgeting is so not my strong suit!).

50 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

Where do you live?

I’m not wild about bacon (there. I said it!) and I find I like to make my own sausage via the recipe in the whole 30 book.

I have PCOS so I never know when to expect it! I should have had a clue last night though, I was beside myself over not having enough grocery money (budgeting is so not my strong suit!).

I'm in Melbourne, Australia :) Hence the posting at weird times of night!

I love bacon, but I'm fussy - I tend to make my own, along with other smallgoods. I do love making my own sausage, too. 

Just now, SchrodingersCat said:

I'm in Melbourne, Australia :) Hence the posting at weird times of night!

I love bacon, but I'm fussy - I tend to make my own, along with other smallgoods. I do love making my own sausage, too. 

That explains why you’re the only one on when I browse the forums at 1 a.m. :lol:

Day 17

I couldn’t sleep last night and was up until 3. So I got a late start to the day.

Meal 1- hash browns and 4 eggs (I totally forgot to include a fat ooops!)

Meal 2- some spaghetti squash with a little meat sauce, leftover steak, baked potato with clarified butter, coconut flakes.

Meal 3 is going to be later tonight and will probably be pork chops with spaghetti squash and coconut flakes.

So I’ve been exhausted all day, my depression and the Zyprexa haze is kicking my ass. Whoever said the whole 30 improves bipolar disorder LIED. Emotionally I’m not feeling great today. I’ve been pretty grouchy too. It could be my period, my worst episodes come around my period.

I haven’t been eating the template very well at all today, just couldn’t.

Breakfast was 4 eggs and sweet potato wedges.

Lunch was egg salad on romaine lettuce, spaghetti squash 

Dinner was Greek marinated chicken and a baked potato with clarified butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Thanks for the well wishes, I’m back from the hospital and feeling much better. The food there was terrible and unhealthy, I’m really looking forward to getting back to the whole 30 which I will do tomorrow.

Oh and I lost 17 lbs. I’ve gained a few back I’m sure from eating the crappy carb heavy hospital food.

Archived