• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1:

Breakfast- 4 eggs, avocado, pico de gallo 

snack: an apple with almond butter 

Lunch - marinated chicken breast, broccoli, olives, a peach

Dinner: tuna salad on romaine lettuce, another peach, roasted butternut squash 

It feels so good to eat real food again!

Well, I cannot remember everything I ate yesterday. I do remember not every meal followed the template but it was all compliant.

Today, Day 3

Breakfast : 4 eggs, pico de gallo, 2 strips bacon, coffee better half creamer 

Snack: apple with almond butter 

Lunch: Marinated chicken thighs, broccoli, roasted butternut squash 

Dinner will be lettuce wrapped Hamburger and baked potato with clarified butter.

Day 4

Breakfast 4 eggs, pico De gallo, home fries, 2 strips bacon

Snack: apple with almond butter 

Lunch: chicken thigh, broccoli, baked potato with clarified butter 

Not sure what I’m doing for dinner, might just be more chicken thigh

18 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Woot! It's nice when you restart to not have to go through ALL the torture of the first time around!

Oh totally. Seem to have just picked up right where I left off. I think it’s because I never went back to drinking soda.

Last night I ended up doing a burger (no bun), potato wedges pan fried in coconut oil, and butternut squash.

This month I ordered a big box of all kinds of meat from butcher box, I’ll definitely have food all month long. I have beef, pork, chicken and salmon.

Day 5

Breakfast - 4 eggs, avocado, pico de gallo.

lunch will be salmon and cauliflower, olives

dinner will be meaty marinara sauce over zoodles.

9 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

On an unpleasant note, my IBS is raging right now and I have diarrhea really bad. No idea what has caused it, maybe the hospital food? Maybe too many diet changes in too short a period.

Boo! I find mine tends not to rage while I'm eating badly so much, but when I go back to eating well. It's like my body decides to flush out all the bad stuff as soon as I start putting good in it. Hope it settles!

4 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Boo! I find mine tends not to rage while I'm eating badly so much, but when I go back to eating well. It's like my body decides to flush out all the bad stuff as soon as I start putting good in it. Hope it settles!

I think that is exactly what’s going on. I knew all that dairy and gluten would hit me sooner or later.

Just went to Sprouts for some fill in items and omg they had a lot of Whole 30 items. I got some better half, coconut aminos, tessamaes dressings (ranch and balsamic), and a Primal Kitchen marinade.

Also, as I was shopping my previously tight jeans kept falling down. And I’m wearing a bra that didn’t fit a few months ago and feels fine now. 

9 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I'm so envious of all the compliant stuff the US has, I can find bugger all! Some of it I can order online, but the prices are outrageous ($22 for Primal Kitchen dressing, including postage) and I've no hope of finding compliant bacon, sausage, any small good etc. 

That totally sucks. I’ll admit I’m quite spoiled, living in a big city in California. My Sprouts is a small store, so I was very surprised to find so much Whole 30 stuff. And in my area there’s also two Whole Foods, three Costco’s, Nugget Market, two Sprouts, three Trader Joe’s...but living in a big city means all these places are at least 20 if not 30+ minutes away because of traffic. And navigating stores in the motorized cart (I have back pain) is hard.

But through Amazon Prime I can have Whole Foods delivered which is pretty nice I have to admit. Plus there’s a zillion online stores too. I just ordered some cheap organic produce from Grub Market, and all my meat for the month from Butcher Box.

9 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

Although, the irony is the grass fed pasture raised beef from butcher box is actually sourced from Australia, so I’d imagine you have access to cheaper pasture raised meats.

LOL, that's true!! I do have access to really well priced grass fed beef and lamb, organic and ethically raised pork, free range chicken etc.

Day 7 (has it really been a week?)

Breakfast: 4 eggs, pico de gallo, two strips of bacon and yes I didn’t have time to include a veggie. I ate extra at lunch and dinner.

Lunch: Lemon Garlic salmon, roasted purple sweet potato wedges, salad with mixed greens and tessamaes balsamic dressing.

Dinner: Marinated  Chicken thigh, more salad, a few roasted sweet potato wedges dipped in ranch and let me just say: Tessamaes ranch is totally worth the money.

I haven’t had a sugar craving in awhile but rn I want SUGAR! Real or fake, even fruit would do. I know eating late at night and propping up sugar cravings with fruit is frowned upon, so I’m going to behave. But but but I wants the sugar!

4 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

I haven’t had a sugar craving in awhile but rn I want SUGAR! Real or fake, even fruit would do. I know eating late at night and propping up sugar cravings with fruit is frowned upon, so I’m going to behave. But but but I wants the sugar!

I've been having that!!! I put it down to being really fatigued and my body wanting immediate energy right damn now. I'm even planning some compliant SWYPO snacks for reintro this coming week, and I never thought that last round.

6 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I've been having that!!! I put it down to being really fatigued and my body wanting immediate energy right damn now. I'm even planning some compliant SWYPO snacks for reintro this coming week, and I never thought that last round.

I finally gave in and had some cantaloupe and a few walnuts.

Now it’s 4 a.m. and unfortunately I’m still awake playing the “is it mania or is it just insomnia” game. It also could be that I took my antidepressants at night (uh...oops? I forgot this morning).

I ate some sweet potato wedges and a bit of chicken thigh along with some ranch dressing (I think this tessamaes ranch is straight up crack) as a mini meal just now.

Archived