Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Pandora Black

I completely forgot to log yesterday lol

Day 10

Breakfast: 4 eggs, pico de gallo, hash browns 

Lunch: Marinated chicken tenders with cauliflower rice, coconut flakes, blood orange, some almond butter 

Snack: apple with walnuts 

Dinner will be spaghetti squash with meaty marinara sauce.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 13 

Breakfast 4 eggs, avocado, pico de gallo, some leftover potato wedges and Brussels sprouts 

Lunch Salmon, spaghetti squash, coconut flakes 

Dinner will be bbq pulled pork (with compliant bbq sauce and dry rubbed in compliant spices). Not sure of tonight’s veggies I may do a salad.

NSV my face looks thinner, and I think I’ve lost inches in my bust as my bras fit differently. 

I am *bored* of food right now. I don’t know why but nothing compliant sounds good. I’m tired of eating the same things every day, I’m tired of root vegetables being practically my only carbs. I don’t usually get food boredom but it’s hit me today.

I've had that food boredom problem too. I've tried to experiment with different flavors than my staples, specifically trying some Asian dishes that bring some different tastes to the tables. Korean bulgogi beef in lettuce wraps and Melissa Joulwan's DanDan Noodles (er, zoodles) were my two biggest hits, both for me and my family.

46 minutes ago, doubledee said:

I've had that food boredom problem too. I've tried to experiment with different flavors than my staples, specifically trying some Asian dishes that bring some different tastes to the tables. Korean bulgogi beef in lettuce wraps and Melissa Joulwan's DanDan Noodles (er, zoodles) were my two biggest hits, both for me and my family.

I really can’t afford to make a lot of recipes. They often require multiple expensive ingredients. I stuck to basics and bought just straight up meat and vegetables and fruit. Hence the boredom. 

1 hour ago, Pandora Black said:

I really can’t afford to make a lot of recipes. They often require multiple expensive ingredients. I stuck to basics and bought just straight up meat and vegetables and fruit. Hence the boredom. 

Yeah, that makes sense. It's hard to be economical on Whole30 when we can't include any of the cheaper stuff (beans, rice, etc) that can bulk up meals.

Pandora, if you have coconut aminos already, you could do a variation of the Spicy Shrimp Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe I posted in my log. I used cabbage and carrots as my base (which are super cheap and produce a lot of slaw!), you could use whatever protein you have around (chicken is great in it), and I just used garlic and ginger powder I already had in the house instead of fresh. It was super tasty and you use the coconut aminos pretty sparingly so if you can swing it, I think it would be a good economical template that you could customize to what you had in the house, or what was on sale that week.

4 hours ago, ShieldMaiden said:

Pandora, if you have coconut aminos already, you could do a variation of the Spicy Shrimp Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe I posted in my log. I used cabbage and carrots as my base (which are super cheap and produce a lot of slaw!), you could use whatever protein you have around (chicken is great in it), and I just used garlic and ginger powder I already had in the house instead of fresh. It was super tasty and you use the coconut aminos pretty sparingly so if you can swing it, I think it would be a good economical template that you could customize to what you had in the house, or what was on sale that week.

That is a good idea! I don’t have shrimp but I have lots of chicken, and I do have coconut aminos.

Day 14 almost halfway there! 

Breakfast - I didn’t feel like eggs so I just had some pulled pork and cauliflower rice, coconut flakes

Lunch- Marinated chicken tenders and a baked potato with clarified butter 

Dinner - Steak with sautéed zucchini, coconut flakes

mini meal to take my meds since I didn’t have a late dinner a little pulled pork and zucchini 

Ok so I bought more (more!) groceries to get me through the rest of my whole 30. Don’t even ask how much I’ve spent this month because it’s pretty insane. Definitely looking forward to being able to reintroduce beans and rice.

Anyway. I’m making egg roll in a bowl, my go to meaty marinara (so cheap so yummy), and nom nom Paleo Whole 30 teriyaki salmon. I invested in fish sauce and sesame oil.

Doctors appointment today, and it went great! My blood pressure went from high to normal it was 120/70! I have lost 15 lbs as well (I knew it had to be significant because my pants are too big now). I know you’re not supposed to weigh yourself but they always weigh you at this doctor. Also I’m off Prilosec, I’m no longer nauseous...ever. Even my back pain is better.

The Whole 30 works, y’all.

Day 15

Breakfast 4 eggs, pico de gallo, cauliflower rice, coconut flakes 

Lunch - Nom Nom Paleo Whole 30 teriyaki salmon, broccoli, coconut flakes, some raspberries 

Dinner- Chipotle Whole 30 salad (lettuce, carnitas, guacamole, pico de gallo).

Day 17

Breakfast - Butternut squash noodles with meaty marinara sauce, coconut flakes 

Lunch- teriyaki salmon, butternut squash, sweet potato wedges with tessamaes ranch dressing, a peach

Dinner will be steak and broccoli or cauliflower, olives

I forgot to log yesterday didn’t I ? I’ve been a bit distracted. However, everything I’ve eaten has been compliant, though honestly I forgot what I ate yesterday.

This morning I had butternut squash noodles and the last of the meaty marinara sauce for breakfast. For lunch I’m having teriyaki salmon and a vegetable, haven’t decided what. We’re doing ribs for dinner with compliant sauce.

Archived