Body Odor

glimmer

I am wondering if this is common or if I am just lucky but I smell bad doing this! I feel like my sweat smells of meat and fat and its kinda gross.

Please tell me this is a phase and will pass..I am on day 5 and only noticed this joy today.

And y'all are havin' a heat wave over there, too, right?

I didn't have that, I had the opposite - I started to think everyone else was stinky.

Here's hoping that it's just your increased sense of smell, combined with wicked high temps. Keep cool!

You are what you eat is kind of true, the body deals with what it's given...if you eat a lot of meat and fat one day your sweat will probably smell a little bit like meat and fat. Garlic and onions can really come out in the sweat. I used to work with a guy who did the atkins diet everyday...he smelled like hot dog water.

What Kim said. :) When I tried this out a couple of times before, I really laid heavy on the fats and meat and I smelled quite a bit more. I have also heard that stress can make us smelly too. But for me, I think it was not eating enough healthy, plant-based carbs. I have not had this problem this time around.

• 2 years later...

Are you eating enough carbs? Going into ketosis from continual low carb will make you stink to high heaven.

So being "fat-adapted" on Whole30 is NOT the same as ketosis?  I clearly need to read more.

Oh! And hormones...it seems not matter what I do at certain times of the month, I stink. Hopefully I will get a bit more hormonal balance eating paleo.

Haha - probably TMI, but this IS the Ladies-only area: when I was breastfeeding my sweat smelled like damn MAPLE SYRUP.  Sweaty maple syrup.  It was the oddest thing.  And I wasn't taking tons of lactation supplements (which supposedly impart a maple-y smell).

Oh, lady hormones.

I was hoping this Whole30 was going to kickstart Aunt Flo but no such luck and back to BCP now. :-(

• 6 months later...

Archived