SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

Finished round 1, felt amazing. Migraines gone, alert, symptoms I didn't realise I had were gone. No vertigo after 18 months of it never ending...

I started the slow reintro, and that was a mistake. I ended up putting off too many things, letting things slip back in (WINE!!) and came up on holidays with stuff not reintroed, which means that now I'm back at square 1, vertigo, awfulness, feeling terrible and none the wise of the culprits (still looking at you, WINE).

So Round 2 starts tomorrow and while it might go longer than 30 days, I'm doing a proper reintro.

Tomorrow I'll food prep - lay in some soup, a hearty beef and veg stew for lunches, some mayo and chimmichurri, roast a bunch of veggies, and make some bone broth.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 so far:

Meal 1 at 2am, when home from ER: 4 scrambled eggs with cauliflower rice and dukkah, cooked in ghee. Bit random but after getting home from overseas and then spending the day tending a sickie, I didn't get time to shop and it was too late and I was too tired to do anything more elaborate. But it WAS compliant, and even fit the template.

Meal 2: Sri lankan beef and coconut curry on roasted veg medley (brussel sprouts, celeriac, kholrabi, carrots, radishes, cauli, broccoli, turnip) - This was meal prep for lunches this week, but I needed lunch.

Meal 3 is still up in the air, depends if I can convince the hubster to eat, if not I'll make salmon patties, though my mayo was gross and I chucked it because the oil was too strong. We shall see.

Just so I remember when I look back:

Day 1: Vertigo is terrible. Whole body, motor function affecting vertigo. My skin is bad, my lips, roof of my mouth and tongue are oversensitive and burny, and my sinuses are inflamed. I have that feeling I need to clear my throat and can't. I'm achey, sleeping like hell and I have anxiety. 

I have terrible vertigo at the moment, and it's completely killed my appetite. I've had coffee and lemon soda water today and can't bear thinking about food. I'm not nauseous, just completely disinterested. Hubster is still very cautious on food, so I can't make anything at all adventurous.

So long astory short - R2D2 - no ideas at all on any food whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

Wow I’m so proud of you for starting after spending the night in the ER! Are you feeling any better now?

I'm all good, it was my poor husband who was sick! Bali Belly to the max! He's on the mend and will be joining me by being (mostly) compliant once he's off the toast and crackers :)

Just now, SchrodingersCat said:

I'm all good, it was my poor husband who was sick! Bali Belly to the max! He's on the mend and will be joining me by being (mostly) compliant once he's off the toast and crackers :)

Yes I just edited because I was unclear. I know it was your husband but still you had to go too.

I was curious if your vertigo was better that you mentioned later in your last post.

1 minute ago, Pandora Black said:

Yes I just edited because I was unclear. I know it was your husband but still you had to go too.

I was curious if your vertigo was better that you mentioned later in your last post.

Oh, sorry!! vertigo is still very bad, but it took a week to clear last time, so I'm just trucking along. I have faith it will go! 

8 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Oh, sorry!! vertigo is still very bad, but it took a week to clear last time, so I'm just trucking along. I have faith it will go! 

Yeah if it went away before it should again. I get dizzy a lot too but it’s from my muscle relaxers for my back.

Day 3, back to work and the real world today. Hubster is feeling better, so we can return to normal meals tonight. 

Meal 1: hot smoked salmon, 2 poached eggs on spicy kraut

Meal 2: Sri Lankan coconut beef curry with roasted veg medley and cauli rice

Meal 3: lamb loin chops with baked sweet potato with ghee and pistachio dukkah, sauteed carrots and beans and steamed broccolini

6 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

So I just went onto the prime now app and a leg of lamb is on sale at Whole Foods for $28! 40% off! That’s an amazing sale and I’m hoping to snag one tomorrow or Wednesday.

Bargain!! I love lamb. It's so versatile and flavourful. I like making midweek dinners of lamb patties with mint and pine nuts. 

Symptom report day 3:

Vertigo is terrible. I can't tell if it used to be this bad and I just got somewhat used to it, or if it's back worse than ever. My head feels like a balloon, my eyes keep unfocussing, and it's taking concerted effort to control my limbs. I have reduced sensation in my skin, too. I can't wait for this to be better!

Oral allergy is better, I haven't used lip balm today. Roof of my mouth doesn't feel swollen, and my sinuses feel more clear. My tongue isn't sore, only a little sensitive. 

Bit of a headache, but I am starting to put that down to waist length, really thick hair in a bun - something I plan to rectify next week!

Day 4!

No problems staying compliant so far, though I never really find the food the problem. The first round I didn't have any issues not weighing, because I'd gained a heap of weight and wasn't weighing regularly anyway but since round 1 ended i got back in the habit and it's a hard one to break. Not like "hide the scale" kind of hard, just a lingering feeling I forgot part of my routine when I don't. Anyway. Still have vertigo this morning. Really can't wait for that to start to resolve.

Meal 1: 2 poached eggs, hot smoked salmon and spicy kraut

Meal 2: Sri Lankan coconut beef curry with roasted veg and cauli rice

Meal 3 will really depend on whether i have a cook top and sink, waiting for the plumber now! If he can take them out this morning, my new kitchen benches go in this afternoon, and while I'll have amazing benches, i won't have a cook top tonight. Might plan something for the convection oven... If I'd thought about it properly, I'd have made last night's dinner tonight instead.

Ok, so i won't have a cooktop or a sink in the kitchen until Monday night. That's fine, i have the laundry sink for dishes, the oven, microwave and the convection oven, slow cooker and pressure cooker. I might do a roast and just have that a few nights in a row. I do have some lamb shanks in the freezer, might pop them in the slow cooker. 

OH: just for the purpose of this being a record - I cannot WAIT to get back to the amazing W30 sleep I had last round. We're both so restless, and I'm having crazy vivid dreams, twitching awake, getting uncomfortable, being hot and cold - I slept like a log last time! Though it probably has a LOT to do with me fretting over being a bit crap about getting an assignment off my desk....

The sleep is the best - I don't know what messes with sleep but I really want to find out this time. I was back to frequent wakefulness and early morning waking (like 4:30am) without being able to get back to sleep less than a month after my first W30 ended. 5 or 6 days into this W30 and I'm sleeping like a baby. Gotta figure this out!

Hope your hubbie is on the mend. I basically get Montezuma's Revenge everytime I go to Mexico (even though no one else in the family ever does!). Last time was 2 days before I was heading to Australia in 2018 - THAT was not a fun flight.

I'm hoping your vertigo leaves again really soon - that's an awful thing to deal with! I'm assuming it's benign positional vertigo (BPV) and not anything more serious (although, BPV feels worse than death I realise). I had labrynthitis for 6 weeks and remember how awful it was.

Hopefully all the good W30 stuff will flood back soon. I feel so good on this round I am wondering why I would ever stop...

Archived