SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

Thanks Lorna! I went back over my R1 log and my vertigo went around day 15 i think, i hope it happens sooner!

Dinner is crispy skin chicken cutlets in the convection oven, steamed broccoli with chimichurri and roasted veggie medley. 

Very limited kitchen tonight, could only use 1 small counter, but this is delicious!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5! Hubster is still sick, poor love. I feel so bad for him.

Kitchen is looking amazing, but they stuffed up one part of the counter and had to take it back - I hope it won't take long for them to fix and install it! Splashbacks are getting measured tomorrow. Still no cooktop or sink until Monday, but we will manage, at least from tonight I can use the counters! Though I'm so precious about them, I might cover them in teatowels first haahaa. I keep going to use the sink - lucky there's no tap there, because it's not connected.

Meal 1: hot smoked salmon, 2 poached eggs on spicy kraut

Meal 2: Sri Lankan coconut beef curry with roasted veg medley and cauli rice

Meal 3: Depends what the hubs feels up to, really...

3 minutes ago, doubledee said:

Your meals sound fantastic! Reading about your dukkah and  chimichurra I realize I need to up my condiments game.

Condiments are life!! I can take the most boring staples and change them up so much with condiments, they're a real lifesaver! It also makes it easier to buy food in bulk without getting thoroughly sick of it ;) 

Friday, and Day 6!

Still going strong, it's amazing how motivated you can be to stay compliant when you feel like hell and remember what it was like to not feel like hell.

Hubster is also being awesome, he's not W30, but having been so sick over the last week he's taking some time off drinking (not that drinking caused his issue, but the idea of it turns his stomach) and so even with our trip to Sydney next week (to see The Cure!!!!) he's happy to be guided by me as to what we eat. There's a burger place called Grill'd that we both love, and they do a Spicy Salsa Salad that is fully compliant if I leave off the feta, and I can add their chicken, which is also compliant. Hubster loves them enough he doesn't mind if we go there twice :) 

The ingredients on the salad are: WOMBOK CABBAGEAVOCADO (lemon juice), CHERRY TOMATOESSPICY HERB & LIME SALSA (Spring onion, canola oil, red onion, jalapeno [jalapeno, water, distilled vinegar, food acid (260), salt, potassium sorbate (202), mineral salt (509)], coriander (13%), parsley (11%), water, lime juice (8%), iodised salt, mustard flour, xanthan gum (415), pepper), COS LETTUCEEXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILONIONMINTCORIANDERLIME

I'm just going to suck it up about the canola oil, because I really have limited choices!

I can now use my oven and kitchen benches, if not the cook-top and sink, so that makes food over the weekend a bit easier. Meal prep wont be as easy, but I'll manage something. I think maybe a roast with lots of veggies could work, as it's all oven.

Vertigo is still there, though I'm not sure as bad. Still very tired, but that's less W30 and more sick hubster and both of us being quite restless. REALLY looking forward to there being no alarm tomorrow, though we do have to go vote and should do it early to avoid queues. No democracy sausage for me this time! 

Meal 1: hot smoked salmon, 2 poached eggs on spicy kraut

Meal 2: Sri Lankan coconut beef curry with roasted veg medley and cauli rice

Meal 3: Not sure, but something tummy friendly for the fella. If he's still on toast, it will probably be the last chicken thigh and some steamed or baked veggies.

I do confess that although I've been listing meal 1 every day this week, more often than not I've not been eating it. I still have a bit of a funky tummy and a very small appetite.

Saturday, we had to vote today and then a lot of running around meant a VERY late meal 1. 

Meal 1: Tuna, sweet potato, pumpkin, spinach and zucchini bake with spicy mayo and steamed asparagus.

Meal 2: Roast pork with crackling, roast potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, celeriac and steamed broccoli.

So, I still have vertigo, but not as bad as earlier in the week. I'm sleeping pretty well, not a lot of energy but then I never do - that's a whole other health issue. Oral allergy symptoms are low to none, I'm barely using lip balm, so that's awesome. 

I keep wanting to cook, or meal prep or do something foody but I can't without a sink and a stove-top!! It's such a pain, taking all the dishes into the laundry and having to get water from there is also a pain! So it's couch time and movies. 

3 minutes ago, doubledee said:

Oh no--feel better! I was just thinking your roast pork dinner sounded delicious...

I think it was just my day 7 "ok, we're having all the good food, lets cleanse!" thing haahaa

Busy day to day, had to tackle our completely out of control, full of dog poop yard - that was 2 hours and a lot of energy, but it is mowed, trimmed, raked and now looks like... well, it looks like crap because the dog ate the garden, but it's tame crap.

Then pulled out bookshelves in the spare room to locate power points behind them and carve holes so they were accessible.

Now to go to the hardware store (only the third time this weekend, isn't home ownership a joy?), puck up the laundry and I still need to make something for work bake-off tomorrow, despite not having a functioning kitchen.

Lunch: Tuna veggie bake with a couple of dill pickles

Dinner: lamb shanks in tomato sauce, steamed veggies

Change of plans, dinner is roast lamb with roasted veggie medley and sweet potato and pumpkin puree.

I'm making butterscotch brownies to take to work tomorrow. The smell is KILLING me, and not licking the bowl/spoon/testing skewer is SO HARD. It's not that I want brownies, but they're there and they smell amazing.

YAY! Today I have a functioning kitchen again as of today. So happy! Tomorrow will go back to being fish Tuesday (stoked that hubster requested it, too!) 

PLUS, major NSV - I'm wearing size 16 (size 12 US) work pants that I haven't been able to wear in years. Last round they got to the point I could get them on but they'd barely do up and were uncomfortable, now they're perfectly comfy. WOOT!!! I'm only on day 9 but I feel like I have had a major "whoosh" weight loss. PS, last night I tried on a bustier that I have not been able to wear in years and it most certainly fit ;)

Today's meals:

1. Tuna veggie bake with spicy kraut

2. Sri Lankan beef and coconut curry with roasted veggie medley and cauli rice

3. Waiting for confirmation that my kitchen is usable before committing to anything, but may well be seared kangaroo steaks with chimmichurri, baked sweet potatoes, sauteed asparagus, green beans and carrots.

1 hour later and the zip in these pants just gave out haahaa. Not due to being too tight, I think it was just worn but :angry::angry:

Plus, the plumber called and they can't fit my tap, I need to exchange it for a different one, so Ill have a working sink and cook top but I'll have to fill the sink with a bucket. Should be all done tomorrow, after I go buy  a new tap tonight. 

Congratulations on the weight loss - yes, old zippers are a problem! Sounds like you're doing well on this round!! I'm still crissong my fingers for a departure of the vertigo.  I have a single pair of try-on shorts that I keep because I like them even though I couldn't get them up over my knees last year. They're too big - WOOT. I won't have a chance to weigh in (V2.1 done today!) as  had planned but I, too, felt a  "woosh" of weight loss on the W30 about 10 days ago - I expect I'm lighter than I've been in years. Certainly nice to have clothes fit again isn't it?

"Democracy sausage" indeed - no one outside of Australia would know what that was! My daughter voted for the first time in this election and sent photos of democracy sausage eaters - it's hysterical to this staid, boring Canadian voter :)

18 minutes ago, Lorna from Canada said:

Congratulations on the weight loss - yes, old zippers are a problem! Sounds like you're doing well on this round!! I'm still crissong my fingers for a departure of the vertigo.  I have a single pair of try-on shorts that I keep because I like them even though I couldn't get them up over my knees last year. They're too big - WOOT. I won't have a chance to weigh in (V2.1 done today!) as  had planned but I, too, felt a  "woosh" of weight loss on the W30 about 10 days ago - I expect I'm lighter than I've been in years. Certainly nice to have clothes fit again isn't it?

"Democracy sausage" indeed - no one outside of Australia would know what that was! My daughter voted for the first time in this election and sent photos of democracy sausage eaters - it's hysterical to this staid, boring Canadian voter :)

WOOT for too-big shorts!!! I'm stoked with these pants because they mean I can start shopping in the normal area of Target and not plus size lol.

Heh, the democracy sausage is an institution in Australia!!

On 5/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, SchrodingersCat said:

Day 4!

No problems staying compliant so far, though I never really find the food the problem. The first round I didn't have any issues not weighing, because I'd gained a heap of weight and wasn't weighing regularly anyway but since round 1 ended i got back in the habit and it's a hard one to break. Not like "hide the scale" kind of hard, just a lingering feeling I forgot part of my routine when I don't. 

For the habit thing, I suggest taking on another habit like staring at your body and saying "I love you and thank you for working towards health with me". I started getting into saying thank you to my tummy for holding the nutrients I need to live and my feelings of being "fat" started to fade. It took time but repetition reallly helped.

Also, I love how much celeriac you are using! People rarely use it in the states and when I find it it is so expensive. It makes incredible noodles if you have a spiralizer and just cook it in fat for a while.

Also, you mentioned your mayo being to olive oil heavy. I finally found a neutral oil that is liquid at room temp called algae oil and it feels amazing and makes great mayo =)

You are so strong and your journey has been inspiring to read so far.

Thank you @Si-Ya! I'll look into that oil, I've never heard of it!  love celeriac, it makes the BEST chips. It's like a parsnip and a celery had a delicious baby. It's also great roasted, and I've seen a recommendation to slice it think, fry til soft and use it as a vehicle for taco or fajita ingredients!

I'm having such amazing NSVs this round, body shape wise - I'm loving it! Other body checks - My sinuses are clear and I've lost the feeling there is something caught at the back of my throat. Sorry for the gross, but the feeling that I had something trapped and had to do that disgusting hawk thing got so bad at one stage I went to a ENT doctor and got a camera put up my nose - it was inflammation. It's GONE! It went away during R1, too but I didn't notice until it was back. Same with my oral allergy symptoms - didn't notice them leave, very much noticed them return.

Vertigo is still there but not as pervasive. Being day 10, I'm hoping to be on the tail end. I'm sleeping pretty well (last night's sleep disturbance was solely due to me being really muscle sore from the huge gardening I did on the weekend). 

Day 10: 

Meal 1: 2 poached eggs, hot smoked salmon, spicy kraut.

Meal 2: tuna veggie bake with shredded slaw, flaked almonds and The Ferm Kimchi Sauce - just bought it this morning and I'm excited!

Meal 3: Snapper with lemon and dill ghee, seasoned potato wedges, sauteed asparagus, green beans and carrots and a baby spinach and pine nut salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing.

Apparently today is fish day!

Oh, and I have a working kitchen!! It's not done, the splashbacks will be put in in a couple of weeks, and the bloody gas plumber slipped when putting the cooktop back and gouged one of the cabinets with the jigsaw, so that needs to be repaired/replaced, but it's at least completely functioning. Used my new sink last night (filled it with a bucket) and it is so big!! and it really retains the heat for water :) 

Archived