SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

4 hours ago, doubledee said:

I'm a little bit jealous of the fact that you have roast lamb just sitting around ready for you whenever you're feeling a bit peckish!

Haha it's hubsters lunches! I roast a leg on Sunday and he has it with salad all week, then we generally have the leftovers in omelettes on the weekend :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24!

Meal 1: Spicy kraut and hot smoked salmon

Meal 2: Roasted turkey, roasted veggie medley, harrissa tahini caluflower and lemon tahini sauce over the lot

Meal 3: Tuesday fish day! Maybe snapper, maybe swordfish... maybe some almond flour and lemon zest coated whiting, who knows? with pumpkin, celeriac and sweet potato mash, asparagus and broccoli.

I forgot how much I enjoy salmon and kraut. I haven't actually eaten it in a fair while.

I'm really, really tired at the moment, even though I'm sleeping well. Fatigue is a side effect of other issues though, so it's not that big a mystery, I guess.

Vertigo is substantially lessened, though I do still have a little more than I hoped at this stage in the game. I'm wracking my brain trying to work out if there is something compliant that I'm having more of this time that I didn't last time which might be causing an issue, but I can't think of anything, even comparing my logs. Hmm. 

No oral allergy, sinuses are pretty good. Definitely lost weight. IBS is completely under control. 

Nothing even approaching Tiger Blood, but I never really expect it with my other issues. I would like a little more energy though, I keep wanting to get back to some sort of working out but it just seems like such a hill to climb.

We have a long weekend this weekend, might grab the hubster and go for a gentle hike somewhere, just to get out of the house and the routine...

Hubster has been missing fish 'n' chips. I dislike battered fish, but I had a crack at this tonight: https://ultimatepaleoguide.com/crispy-paleo-battered-cod/

It. Was. Amazing. I shallow fried it, but it was crispy and delicious! It is a very light batter, not at all the heavy gummy stuff you get from a fish n chip shop. It might be SWYPO to someone who has a massive thing for fish 'n' chips, but I don't run that risk, lol. Oh, I also added powdered lemon skin to the batter.

Had it with carrot and brussel slaw sauteed in sesame oil, and sweet potato and celeriac chips. 

Followed up with a handful of olives, and I also snacked on a handful of almonds on the train home. I don't know why I'm so damn hungry, I think it's because I'm so tired. When I'm fatigued, I crave energy.  All my snacks have been compliant, but not necessarily template. I just wish I had some more energy. 

Day 25!

The vertigo I had yesterday didn't last long, but I'm still annoyed I had it. When it comes and goes like that, I really feel that it goes against the diagnosis of migraine, because that's just not how migraines behave. I have an MRI coming up in September, and I'll be curious to see what that shows.

MY NEW SPLASHBACKS ARE GOING IN TODAY!!!! Sorry for the yelling, but it means my kitchen will be all brand new and finished and I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!

I can't wait to get home and see them!! We have our annual food-fest party (affectionately known as the Fatth of July) coming up and I can't wait to show off the new kitchen.

Anywhoo.

Meal 1: Spicy kraut and hot smoked salmon

Meal 2: Roasted turkey, roasted veggie medley, harrissa tahini caluflower and lemon tahini sauce over the lot

Meal 3: Hmmmm. I thought of something yum yesterday, then remembered it was fish day, and now I can't remember what I thought of...

The kitchen is so so so lovely!! I'm thrilled. There's a before and after below :):) 

Dinner last night was a prom chop with wholegrain mustard, roasted pumpkin, broccoli, asparagus and brussel sprouts with a handful of stuffed olives.

Day 26! I'm feeling good coming up to the finish line, not as good as I felt on Round 1 though. Still tired, still have a bit of vertigo - realised last night that a medication I'm on contains lactose, and I can't remember if I was taking it last time... hmm. 

Meal 1: 2 poached eggs and spicy slaw

Meal 2: Roasted chicken breast with steamed veg, handful of almonds

Meal 3: Possible Salisbury steak with mashed sweet potato and pumpkin and roasted veg. 

Kitchen Before.jpg

Kitchen After.jpg

The container of Spicy Kraut I've had for breakfast the last 2 days is so sweet that I've gone back and checked the ingredients more than once. I really don't know if it is changed taste bubs, or whether there's something weird about it. It literally tastes like it is dosed in sugar. 

In other news, this weekend I'm smoking a ham and a slab of bacon, nom nom! Both compliant. I'll slice them, vac pack them and freeze them (and eat them, of course).

It's a long weekend, which I'm very excited for. 

I had to buy veg for lunch, because I only had a chicken breast and I chose a Mediterranean Mix of veggies that sounded good. they did have sunflower oil, which I know is a very grey area of compliance but my choices were limited, and it's not a hard no. Forgot what they were called and looked them up on the online store - the online store says they contain dextrose! I had a panic, but the packet in the freezer does not list dextrose, so I'm going with the packet and not the third party online store ingredients. Regardless, the remainder can wait until I'm in reintro. 

So this whole not feeling great, and being fatigued, and having vertigo is causing me to have cravings because my body is all like "Well, this isn't helping, so I may as well..." and it sucks.  I'm getting where people are coming from when they have trouble sticking with W30 when they're not really feeling the results.

I KNOW that even with the bit of vertigo I have I feel SO much better than I did, so I really need to just shut up, but it's dispiriting to not have the same amazing result as round 1, when I'm 100% compliant and the first time, vertigo was completely cured. 

Day 27 and today is fancy work lunch day SIGH.

I told them I was dairy and gluten free. It's a 600 person banquet, so I couldn't get too specific. I'll eat what I can, eat around what I can't and do my best. I will certainly be avoiding the bread, the dessert, the wine, and pretty much anything that isn't a protein or a veg. At least I know there won't be butter on the veggies!

YAAAAY long weekend. I'm excited for it. I'm going to do some cooking, and some baking. I'm actually going to use a seed/fruit mix my MIL bought me a while back and make some fruit/nut/seed/cocoa/coconut balls which are total SWYPO but compliant so I can have something with my tea of a night during reintro, which starts on Tuesday.

This time around, I'm doing reintro as it is written, because I have the worlds least compliant food event coming up on  6 July and I need to have reintro wrapped by then. I'll probably start a fresh round after that (well, after the Monday following when my dearest BFF who is also a consummate foodie has gone home - until then, it will be foodapalooza. 

I hate to say it, but maybe your vertigo is unrealated to diet. Correlation is not causation, and if you’re eating the same stuff as last time, perhaps it was a fluke that it went away for a bit.

That lunch does sound challenging. Sometimes I’m glad I’m disabled (read: broke) and don’t eat out much. It’s easy to stay compliant when every meal is at home.

2 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

I hate to say it, but maybe your vertigo is unrealated to diet. Correlation is not causation, and if you’re eating the same stuff as last time, perhaps it was a fluke that it went away for a bit.

That lunch does sound challenging. Sometimes I’m glad I’m disabled (read: broke) and don’t eat out much. It’s easy to stay compliant when every meal is at home.

Yeah, that's my worry too! I'm going to get back with the chiropractor and see if he can do anything with my neck, and just see how it goes. I really thought I was on to something. I do have a neurological disorder that my neuro insists isn't causing the vertigo but I don't know if I believe him...

I hate eating out on round. The only time I do is when it's a work thing I can't avoid (and I don't have to pay for ;) )

8 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Yeah, that's my worry too! I'm going to get back with the chiropractor and see if he can do anything with my neck, and just see how it goes. I really thought I was on to something. I do have a neurological disorder that my neuro insists isn't causing the vertigo but I don't know if I believe him...

I hate eating out on round. The only time I do is when it's a work thing I can't avoid (and I don't have to pay for ;) )

Best of luck. I get vertigo on occasion (it’s a known side effect of my meds, also I have a neurological disorder), and it sucks. I can’t imagine living like that all or most of the time. But then, I have chronic pain if I stand longer than a minute, so there’s that.

Ok so lunch was actually fine.

Entree was smoked salmon and purple cauliflower, i avoided the miso mayo dollops and edamame.

Main was a baked chicken breast in clear broth with braised cabbage, i avoided the peas and broad beans.

Was worried dessert would be a temptation because it was chocolate pudding or lemon tart but because i said dairy free, i got a chia pudding with berries and i hate chia and fruit lol. So i was very happy with my black coffee.

21 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Dinner! 

Crispy skinned pork belly marinated in coconut aminos, sesame oil, and Chinese five spice, with cauli, broccoli and sweet potato rice in Chinese five spice, sesame oil, fish sauce, garlic and ginger and steamed Chinese broccoli.

That sounds freaking glorious! 

I just bought some coconut aminos and I’m so curious to try it. I hope it works as soy sauce because I love soy sauce and I’m pretty sore about giving it up.

59 minutes ago, Pandora Black said:

That sounds freaking glorious! 

I just bought some coconut aminos and I’m so curious to try it. I hope it works as soy sauce because I love soy sauce and I’m pretty sore about giving it up.

It's not an exact sub, but it does the job!!

Archived