Freezer Meals

Sonia2001

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Will you be able to do crock pot meals?  What I've done in the past is put all the ingredients for the meal in a gallon ziplock bag and freeze it.  Then you put the bag in the refrigerator the day before to thaw.  Then just dump everything in the crock pot to cook that day. I usually cook on low 6-7 hours.

I do chicken breasts with compliant pasta sauce or salsa, frozen broccoli or other veggie you like and cut up potatoes or little potatoes.  You can come up with different variations by switching up the sauces and veggies.  Just make sure your sauces are compliant!  

7 hours ago, Lindseydalton said:

Will you be able to do crock pot meals?  What I've done in the past is put all the ingredients for the meal in a gallon ziplock bag and freeze it.  Then you put the bag in the refrigerator the day before to thaw.  Then just dump everything in the crock pot to cook that day. I usually cook on low 6-7 hours.

I do chicken breasts with compliant pasta sauce or salsa, frozen broccoli or other veggie you like and cut up potatoes or little potatoes.  You can come up with different variations by switching up the sauces and veggies.  Just make sure your sauces are compliant!  

Can you be more specific? Are you talking taking pasta sauce (I assume you mean marinara), fresh broccoli, and chicken breast and throwing the whole thing in the freezer and then putting all that into a crockpot? Because 1. You have to blanch broccoli before you freeze it and 2. That would turn into a bowl of mush. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach
14 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

Can you be more specific? Are you talking taking pasta sauce (I assume you mean marinara), fresh broccoli, and chicken breast and throwing the whole thing in the freezer and then putting all that into a crockpot? Because 1. You have to blanch broccoli before you freeze it and 2. That would turn into a bowl of mush. 

I use frozen broccoli not fresh. Any kind of compliant pasta sauce, marinara included. The broccoli does get mushy but I shred the chicken and broccoli together. It blends right in with the sauce which is a total win for me getting my kids to eat more veggies! Win win! :)

Rather than 1-container meals, can you grab parts from the freezer during your recovery?  I see a lot of recipes for meat dishes that would clearly freeze well.  Then for your vegetables I'm finding good grocery store options for frozen veggies, including some that are mixed vegetables, and still compliant.  Make some ranch dressing ahead, or whatever for your plated fat.

iow - make your meal prep minimal, just not one-pot.

• 1 month later...

I don't have many freezer whole meals that I do, but I always have a freezer full of W30 elements that I can put together for a meal, for example:

I batch cook and freeze the following:

W30 compliant chicken goujons (almond flour & spices)

Pork patties / chicken meatballs

Salmon cakes

Soups

Beef meatballs and marinara/veg sauce

Pulled pork

Then all of the above can be added to a salad, or with cauli rice, or baked potato etc

• 1 month later...

New Leaf Wellness has "The Ultimate Whole30 Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Plan." There are 30 recipes. I did this a couple weekends ago and it was very well thought out. There's a shopping list. You may not need this many meals for your recovery, but it is an awesome resource. It takes quite a bit of time (I spent about 2 hours shopping and about 8 hours hands on prepping everything). Plus freezer space. I've made two meals and they are amazing!

I'm telling everyone I know about it because it will save so much time and the meals are healthy. Tip : I'd recommend prepping all the veggies the day before because they all get chopped vs variety of cut styles. And buy more than the weight recommended in produce that has to be peeled, I ran out of sweet potatoes and carrots. And buy an extra 2 lbs of chicken breasts because to hit the weights I typically put more meat into a recipe vs less. 

Archived