I’m going to be having surgery in a few weeks and was hoping to find some recipes that I can make ahead of time that people have already tried as we all know some things just don’t freeze well. Thank you.

Will you be able to do crock pot meals?  What I've done in the past is put all the ingredients for the meal in a gallon ziplock bag and freeze it.  Then you put the bag in the refrigerator the day before to thaw.  Then just dump everything in the crock pot to cook that day. I usually cook on low 6-7 hours.

I do chicken breasts with compliant pasta sauce or salsa, frozen broccoli or other veggie you like and cut up potatoes or little potatoes.  You can come up with different variations by switching up the sauces and veggies.  Just make sure your sauces are compliant!  

7 hours ago, Lindseydalton said:

Will you be able to do crock pot meals?  What I've done in the past is put all the ingredients for the meal in a gallon ziplock bag and freeze it.  Then you put the bag in the refrigerator the day before to thaw.  Then just dump everything in the crock pot to cook that day. I usually cook on low 6-7 hours.

I do chicken breasts with compliant pasta sauce or salsa, frozen broccoli or other veggie you like and cut up potatoes or little potatoes.  You can come up with different variations by switching up the sauces and veggies.  Just make sure your sauces are compliant!  

Can you be more specific? Are you talking taking pasta sauce (I assume you mean marinara), fresh broccoli, and chicken breast and throwing the whole thing in the freezer and then putting all that into a crockpot? Because 1. You have to blanch broccoli before you freeze it and 2. That would turn into a bowl of mush. 

14 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

Can you be more specific? Are you talking taking pasta sauce (I assume you mean marinara), fresh broccoli, and chicken breast and throwing the whole thing in the freezer and then putting all that into a crockpot? Because 1. You have to blanch broccoli before you freeze it and 2. That would turn into a bowl of mush. 

I use frozen broccoli not fresh. Any kind of compliant pasta sauce, marinara included. The broccoli does get mushy but I shred the chicken and broccoli together. It blends right in with the sauce which is a total win for me getting my kids to eat more veggies! Win win! :)

Rather than 1-container meals, can you grab parts from the freezer during your recovery?  I see a lot of recipes for meat dishes that would clearly freeze well.  Then for your vegetables I'm finding good grocery store options for frozen veggies, including some that are mixed vegetables, and still compliant.  Make some ranch dressing ahead, or whatever for your plated fat.

iow - make your meal prep minimal, just not one-pot.