Starting May 13th

Hello! Thank you to everyone who posted about embarking on their 30 days! I am starting tomorrow May 13th, and am nervous but excited. I expect this upcoming month to be challenging, but doable. Over the last year I gained a lot of weight after a surgery. My body  feels out of whack. I look forward to being better regulated after some cleaner eating. 

I consider myself a very blessed person, and love my life, but at just 35 years old I’ve buried both my parents, and the man I thought was my soulmate after 9 years together. If I can get through that, I can handle this! The tough love in the Whole30 book convinced me, and provided a lot of really great perspective. Here we go!

I found the reintro a lot harder than the W30, to be honest. By the time I got to reintro, I was so happy and feeling so healthy and good, I didn't want to risk that so I kept putting it off. Then Easter came upon us, and an overseas trip, and now I'm at square 1 (aside from maintaining my weight loss).

I feel like I did have an advantage over many in the fact that I started this because of debilitating migraines with vertigo, which were genuinely ruining my life. W30, by week 2 - they were gone. I hadn't felt that good in years. Made it easy to stick with it, well beyond the 30 days, until my routine got disturbed and I lost control of many of my meals (mom came to visit for Easter, then I went to Bali and ate all the delicious foods that I don't even know the recipes for). 

So I'm thinking Round 2 will be not too tough, as long as I get back to feeling good soon. And I've learned my lesson, this time I will do a proper reintro and learn ALL I can.

Archived