Hives presumably from liver detox during W30 - should I continue to a W60?

Hello everyone, I experienced a significant allergic reaction about R2D14 with hives from neck down, over chest, trunk, groin and thighs plus under my upper arms.  I am assuming this was my liver detoxing (I'm considering the culprit to be artificial sweetener as R1 I had no side effects and my diet has not significantly changed in the intervening period with the exception of consuming "no added sugar" products due to following a well-known diet programme).  A couple of people with some nutritional knowledge have suggested continuing to a W60 or at least 2 weeks after the rash subsides before Reintroduction commences.  I'm R2D30 today so considering moving on to W60 to give my body time to recuperate prior to Reintroduction.  Does anyone have any advice they can provide please?  Many thanks!

• Administrators

Hi there - sorry to hear about that however it is not a known symptom of Whole30. We cannot give out medical counselling here so would suggest you get medical assistance. There is nothing about eating protein, veggies and fats that would cause full-body hives unless you have a severe intolerance to something and we cannot help you determine that here.

Archived