Derval's W30 #5

Derval

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For full transparency I have to point out that I didn't lose the above weight difference doing paleo. I lost it with ww, how I wish I had known about paleo back then! I could have felt like this while losing weight! What paleo and w30 has done for me is help change my body comp and make it easy & enjoyable to maintain my weight. And I'm sure I'm healthier too!

OMG! Me too! Well I started with WW after my son was born in June 2011, lost about about 14kgs, then did a program called 12 week body transformation and lost close to another 10. That was basically 1200 cals in, 500 cals out in exercise, thankfully I was breastfeeding at the time and had 1700 cals to play with but it was still brutal. I was hungry, tired and moody all the time.

I also wish I had known about eating this way a long time ago. I wonder if it is common to turn to paleo as a maintenance plan as their is no "counting" anything ?

I also wish I had known about eating this way a long time ago. I wonder if it is common to turn to paleo as a maintenance plan as their is no "counting" anything ?

I certainly do love the freedome, and all the fat! Can you imagine eating all these avocados on ww? :D

You look absolutely amazing. I'm so happy for you. :) And I'm glad to see that I am working on the same fruit and nut challenge as another experienced W30 person. I've eliminated nuts and dried fruit completely for this W45. I'm also only allowing 2 fruits a day before 2pm. This has really helped eliminate that snack mentality. Wishing you all the best for this round. I will be eagerly following your awesome posts. Lisa

Day 2

7am - egg loaf (as before), some roast veg from last nights dinner, black coffee

- between the black coffee & the magnesium this was followed by a mighty evacuation :D

11am - yoga :) Proud of myself for going cos' it's at an awkward time in the morning for me. I haven't been since last June and I'd forgotten how difficult I find it. I can deadlift but I can't downward dog! Goal for W30 is to continue going once a week.

12.30pm - avocado & salad leaves in balsamic dressing. Poached organic salmon fillet with shawarma mayo, and some more roasted veg. 500ml sparkling water with lime

d1464cf0599011e283e622000a1fb86d_6.jpg

4pm - the last of yesterdays Waldorf salad, only a tbls or so. 500ml mug blueberry tea

5.45pm - roast chicken (not all pictured was for me, sadly!) , roast sweet potato, broccolli, cauliflower, glass of chilled diluted fruit tea.

7c4bbe8059bb11e2890322000a9e48f1_6.jpg

So good day, and my house is clean :o !

Your photos make my mouth water and I just had lunch! Silly question - do you roast all your veggies together at the same time? And for how long? I usually make mine as more of a stir fry, but lately I've been cooking them too long and they get mushy.

Thanks! For yesterdays one I started the squash & onions 30 mins before adding the softer ones, and the lot got a further hour. A smaller volume would take less time I'd imagine.

Today all the veg went in at the same time with the chicken sitting on top, for an hour. Veg got an extra 5-10 mins while the chicken was resting.

Day 3

and all going swimmingly :) Really proud of myself keeping away from the fruit, nuts, nut butter and sticking to the template. I just hope I can keep up the momentum for another 27 days! A friend rang today asking me out or dinner (her treat too!) but it'd be no fun while w30'ing so we have deferred till Feb 5th :)

7am - egg loaf, some roast veg, avocado, black coffee

480404585a2d11e2bc2222000a1f98f9_6.jpg

10am - gym

Lower body mobility x 2

Goblet Squat, 3x5 @10kg

Upper body mobility x 2

Bench press, 3x5 @30kg

One arm rows, 3x5 e.s @ 12.5kg

2 rounds of front/side planks, 30 secs each.

11.30am - coffee w' coconut milk

12.30pm - leftover roast veg from last night, chicken thighs, shawarma mayo, all on my lovely new cabbage leaf dish I bought this morning. 500mls sparkling water with lime

12a158345a5911e2ad1322000a9e28e6_6.jpg

4pm - 500ml mug St Dalfour green mango tea

5.45pm - zoodles, last of med roast veg, the Italian roast beef leftovers from Monday in Marinara sauce. Little side saladd of leaves avo in balsamic (another new dish!), 250ml water (cool new water caraf too!)

bb17b9e65a8511e2a9de22000a1f92c9_6.jpg

I also received delivery of a case of coconut milk, happy days!!

5ce9b1c85a6011e2bb6122000a1f9d92_6.jpg

"mighty evacuation" lol

Thanks for the reminder to roast veggies. I seem to always get caught short on the veggie front and end up steaming something frozen, which isn't terribly exciting.

I am also going to invest in a pressure cooker. From what I undertand, I can take meat from freezer to take in under 2 hours, which will be helpful while I am learnign the ropes.

Oh, and I love seeing photos of what people are eating.

OK, I have to ask - how do you get your avocado to come out looking so perfect? Mine is usually banged up, mushed or otherwise be-smertched by the spoon! Do you have an avocado sized spoon or something??

No special equipment, I just cut it in half and then peel the half I'm using. These are thick skinned Haas avocados and nicely ripe, but not over, so they behave very well.

Day 4

7am - egg loaf, avocado, black coffee

11am - coffee w' coconut milk

12.30pm - salmon, mayo, left over roast veg, avocado, 500ml sparkling water with a lemon juice ice-cube :)

96d8e6ac5b2211e2bad822000a9f3047_6.jpg

3pm - 500ml mug peppermint ceylon tea

5pm - realising dinning would be later than planned (because six year old told me time was 4:14 when it was actually 4:41, ha ha yeah I don't have a gifted child ;) ) I did a "boiled" egg in my new microwave egg cookers, that I topped with salt & ghee & mashed up - yum yum "guggy egg" :)

6pm - roast gammon, more roast cauli & sqash, mixed veg with ghee.

Small bowl fruit salad with coconut milk & flakes - was very dissapointingly unripe & bland :mellow:

400ml glass water

cd632b1e5b5011e2a3b222000a9f1696_6.jpg

Will have a 500ml mug of my new new cranberry & orange tea later.

In other paleo news my copy of Practical Paleo arrived today, whoop whoop, it's huge!

OK, I have to ask - how do you get your avocado to come out looking so perfect? Mine is usually banged up, mushed or otherwise be-smertched by the spoon! Do you have an avocado sized spoon or something??

I saw the BEST tip from Ina Garten recently. Once you slice your avocado in half, simply run your thumb around along between the peel and the "meat" and the skin will slip right off! I have had Derval looking avocados ever since :).

Archived