Derval's W30 #5

Derval

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

Have to fess up that after an argey-bargey with my son yesterday evening I went for a walk to try to relax and then came home and decompressed with a decaff coff with coconut cream and a small ramekin of mixed nuts & dried cranberries. I didn't scarf them down, I ate them slowly & really enjoyed them , whilst listening to Ennio Morricone, and tuning it all out :) Sometimes emotional eating works! :P

So to today

Day 9

Not a great nights sleep, stayed up late, as in 10.45! watching "Moon" with dh and then for some bizarro reason I woke up before 6am this morning! ,

7am - egg loaf, tomatoes & mushrooms, same as yesterday

Then after school drop -off, school librarian duty & speedy grocery shopping I travelled in to town for week#2 treat/reward B) yes, very early in the week, but I couldn't get an appt for the weekend. I went for a 1hr Payot Facial , so nice & relaxing! I will tell everyone the glow is down to paleo, sssshhhh :ph34r:

I brought in my lunch - leftovers from yesterdays special fried rice - as I wasn't sure where I could get something to eat & wanted to save the €'s! Luckily it was a cold but bright & dry day in Dublin.

The spa was in the financial district in Dublin's Docklands and I'd never been down that way before, it was really cool, lots to see. Interesting architecture, cute suited & booted bankers :D and so many people out running along the river during their lunchbreak.

1pm - I sat down with my lunchbox & takeaway Americanno on a bench by the river.

View to my right

3296315c5f1111e283e622000a1fb86d_6.jpg

View to my left

725f7f5a5f1111e2b46022000a1fb37a_6.jpg

Life felt good!

I then took a good long walk along the river listening to some great tunes . Me sing along to Black Eyes peas like some nutcase?? never! :ph34r: boom boom boom

3pm - decaff cm coffee & a few walnut halves

5.45pm - bolegnase on a bit of salad, sweet potatos with ghee. Bolegnase is a bit :ph34r: Jessica Seinfeld, in that there's as much veg in it as meat! I blitzed up onion, carrot, garlic, celery, zuchinni , red pepper & mushrooms, and I use bacon lardons in it too - very tasty.

665c12305f3a11e2b83422000a1f9e4c_6.jpg

another day in the health bank, cha-ching!

I love your lunch time views! Just the other day I was telling my husband that I'd like to visit Ireland. We just relocated from a farm to a small house in town with the plan to save money AND finally do some travelling. (We couldn't travel before due to an inability to find reliable farm-sitters!). Ireland is definitely going on my list! :)

Everything looks awesome ! Your are rockin' this !!! DH and I spent our honeymoon in Ireland, by the way. Also, my oldest son is studying in Rome and my two next sons spent a week over there with him after Christmas. My 18 y/o told me last night- Next trip, Ireland !!!

Howdy peeps

Day 10?

Laptop on the fritz so have to do this on the phone. So follow links for pics.

7am egg loaf , black coffee, half a banana

8.20am gym.

lower body mobility x 2

Box Squat 5 x bw, 3x5@18kg, Was hoping to do 20's in rack today but it wa staken, next week!

DL, 5x35kg, 5x65kg :)

Upper body mobility x 2

Db Press, [email protected]

Negative chins, 3 x 3,and 1 full chin up to see if I could do 2 in a row, which I can't :o

Pilates roll-ups 3 x 10

and full set stretches

11am cm coffee

12.30 lamb noodle soup. Lamb broth and meat with julienned carrot & parsnip

4983c05a5fd911e2ace922000a1f90f6_6.jpg

4pm 4 almond stuffed olives

6pm. Sweet potato fries. Pork burgers. Fried egg.

28f16ac6600711e28dc022000a1f8c21_6.jpg

Going to a 8pm yoga class later as I missed yesterday's. Feeling a bit/lot cranky so prob a good idea :)

ETA - yoga was excellent, even though I'm so crap at it, and of course I was seated being Ms.Yoga Boss...Oh well, it's all good. Felt much calmer & happier afterwards - my brain was fried with the kids yabbering :blink:

9pm - some walnuts & dried apple crisps and 500ml pomegranate tea.

oooh how do you find the yoga? I think I am going to start going to classes next week when I get back to the gym!! very excited because I have a really tight hip so Im hoping it will help! Hope you have a wonderful day xx

I have really tight hips, ankles...and everything in between so I'm hoping the yoga will help and have a postive impact on my lifts, esp squats. I am horribly inflexible and find the yoga hard work but I just have to switch off the bit of me that wants to be good at stuff and just let it be.

switch off the bit of me that wants to be good at stuff and just let it be.

I agree, it is SO HARD to switch off that part, but I'm learing that being "good at" yoga is all about understanding your own body in the current moment, finding your personal edge but never going beyond it until you are ready. good job lady!

OMG! I just had to stop myself from standing up quickly and punching something because that lamb, parsnip, and carrot soup looks Ah-MAZING!!! Note to self: feed self.

Oh, and I'm a yoga teacher. Yoga will definitely help your stiff bits, but you have to be patient with it. You might not see results the first few classes. Make sure you tell the teacher before the class starts that your specific parts are stiff and she will hopefully incorporate a few stretches just for you. I like to ask my students before a class what parts they'd like to work on.

Evening all :)

Good day today, laptop sorted (the transformer was fried) and lots done around the house. Now if only I could catch up on all the unread posts here!!

7am - egg loaf, black coffee with coconut oil, half a banana

11.30am - cm coffee

12.30pm - I made homemade chorizo which did not taste like chorizo at all, so a bit dissapointing, but tasty, if a bit odd - don't get cinnamon in meat!

So most of it I made it in to little patties but for todays lunch I just fried some up and wilted spinach in to it. Served with a ghee fried egg & half an avocado. Also had some walnuts & dried apple crisps after.

d9e5e5be60a211e2896922000a1fbe1a_6.jpg

3pm - cm decaff coffee

5.30pm - zoodles & boleganse.

898282fa60cd11e2a73522000a1faf50_6.jpg

I know what you mean, and the boards are so busy it is hard-impossible to keep up. For the first time I have started using the follow button and using that filter first so at least I'm sure I read my favs, including yourself of course!

I just got caught up on reading your posts, I "missed" you! It can be hard to keep up with everyone, especially because I spend most of my home time cooking, planning meals, or doing dishes these days :D

Doing dishes!!!

+1!

Day 12

Kill all things? No, just one thing, my effin' husband! :angry: More to follow.....rant warning

7am - scrambled egg (2) with smoked salmon & spinach, black coffee

423846ba613f11e2a2d522000a1fb04d_6.jpg

8.15am Gym

* I made a poor wardrobe choice - too short a top and not high rise enough bottoms and I felt horribly self-conscious and blobby - very unlike me , usually I think I'm the bomb-diggety :lol: but urgh I felt crap and all doubty about my diet (as in the way I eat, not a "diet")

Blurgh, stoopid clothes, usually I happily ignore my fleshier parts.

Lower body mobility x 2

Goblet Squat, 3x10 @7.5kg

Upper body mobility x 2

Bench press, 3x5 @30kg

3x5 1 arm rows @12.5kg

2 x10e.s pallof press @ 6.25kg - was supposed to do planks but forgot my watch, and I know better than to trust my count!

full set stretches

11.30am - cm coffee

12.45pm - sweet potato, spring onions, chopped up chorizo & pork burgers, spinach..with a fried egg on top. Yummo.

97879412616d11e2b83422000a1f9e4c_6.jpg

3.30pm - spiced chai tea with cm, shared a bowl walnuts & dried apple crisps with friend.

Then the sh1t hit the fan. D(?)h comes home from town, he'd take the day off work for his birthday (yesterday) and was meeting an old friend (they dated briefly) & her boyfriend for lunch. They are from Spain and over visiting.

He's only gone & invited them over for dinner on Weds!! Like ffs, without asking me?? Like ffs we haven't had people over for dinner in years and if I wanted to do that I would invite some of our friends not bloody strangers, and not while I'm on a W30!! I let fly at him, I really did....So mad at him for taking me for granted like this. As if cooking for the 4 of us 365 days isn't enough of a pita.

Anyways after eating the head off him I have grudgingly agreed to go ahead with it :angry: but jeebus am I going to make him pay! :ph34r: He's doing the dishes now, and I'm going to pick out the biggest eff off bouquet when we go to the shops on Sunday. HA!

5.45pm - Roasted carrots & parsnips and gammon. Looks tiny in the pic but quite filling.

Got a bag of kale to have kale crisps later.

9e25fcee619711e2b3f322000a1f96e5_6.jpg

Don't apologize for venting, yours is righteous indignation - being taken for granted and not consulted is not cool. You deserve a mani/pedi in addition to that bouquet. AND - You are going to knock their socks off with fantastic, satisfying food.

Eff off bouquet. Love it, stealing this. B)

I'm the same way about dinner with people at my house. My husband says every now and then, we should have people for dinner more often. Oh? And who will be slaving much more than usual to make sure these "people" don't judge the hell out of my mismatched plates, etc.? And will they be pissy when there's no bread or cheese? Of course they will; those contain addictive substances. If I start to sound crazy, stop me, but eating addictive foods with people is almost like getting high at a party to me now. Ok, that did sound crazy, but really! -_- Yesterday, I explained Whole9 to my co-worker and she's asking me questions about how to make substitutions for chocolate bars and bread. I thought, "It's just really hard for you people, isn't it?" It's hard to believe people subsist on empty foods. :huh:

OK, my rant is over. I think you'll feel really good getting to socialize in your home with new people. They won't stay long, I bet. Your food looks so incredible that they might not even notice no bread, dairy, or legumes!

Oh to be honest I not worried about what to cook, I'll do the slow roast lamb and just do diff sides for me. And a shop desert for them. I'm not going to stress out trying to impress people I've never met and will never see again.

It's the entertaining (esp strangers) with NO WINE!!!

On a positive note I am very grateful that I have successfully finished the 2nd of my home organising project so at least I don't have to panic clean.

Oh and a 2nd one , the boyfriend is a firefighter, maybe I can have a good ol letchy perv :D

Archived