Derval's W30 #5

Derval

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it wrong that your rant cause me to giggle aloud? I'm sorry.

Like others, I can identify. I had a surprise guest Friday for dinner. My husband invited his friend. I'd put a pork roast in the slow cooker that morning. I dropped by a store and picked up all sorts of awful stuff for the rest of the crew. At dinner the guest was quite intrigued with what I was and was not eating. Then he told me he was recently diagnosed as diabetic (due to a pancreas injury of some sort) and engaged in conversation about sugar and it's evil ways. At least I know this guy and like him. Total strangers...I might have had the same reaction.

"Kill all things? No, just one thing, my effin' husband! :angry: More to follow.....rant warning"

IMHO We can try to train 'em - but even after 24 years - NEVER freakin' works, right?

Kale - I have to get more greens into my diet - cooked that is. Kale chips are now on the shopping list . . .

I'm not a big kale fan (yet), but am working on it. I found a mix of "power greens" at Whole Foods that has kale, chard & spinach, and it's awesome! I sautee it for breakfast, or mix it into an omelet, or use it raw for salad greens. I used to just buy baby spinach, but this is a nice easy way to transition and work kale into my regular rotation.

Thanks for all the eh...feedback :lol:

Day 13

9.30am :) 2 hr lie-in = More reparation (Reparations (transitional justice), measures taken by the state to redress gross and systematic violations of human rights law or humanitarian law)

Same as yesterday - scrambled egg with spinach & smoked salmon, black coffee.

Then I might as well have put a yellow sign on my head that reads cab for hire because most of the morning was spent driving from parties, training & races :mellow:

12pm - the end of the bag of mixed fruit,seeds & nuts, mostly just seeds :( and an Americanno at the playcentre while waiting to pick up Lily

Then on to collect dh from his cross-country race. Waited an hour for prize-giving, omg I was fit to be tied!! I am so NOT fat-adapted! Why??? Even though the gap between my breakfast & lunch was the same 5 hrs as ususal, maybe I am just so use to eating lunch at 12.30? I was nauseous & shakey with hunger by the time we got home. But hey, at least dh shared his prize money with me (well after all it must be all the paleo dinners that make him so fast, right?)

2.30pm - sardines with chilli, saurkraut, my own "pickled" beetroot, half an avo. Followed by cm coffee and some macadmaia nuts

0fc25066624511e2b28822000a9f1468_6.jpg

5.45pm - sweet potato & red onion hash, pile o'bacon (my first bacon of my w30 - prev ones I have had it 3+ times a week!) and a fried egg. Very yummy comfort food, if I had a hangover this would be perfect :lol:

9b76edf2626211e2998822000a1fbc5d_6.jpg

and guess who's busy scrubbing all the greasy pans ? :ph34r::D

Was pleased to find my local HF shop has started stocking a new tea I've seen mentioned here - Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime so I will try that later...

And in other news week 2 of 4 weeks to a more organised home completed sucessfully. Go me!

B18E30DB-3412-4A3C-B0B4-C1D65E6441D2-19954-0000065398D13321.jpg

Oh yeah. That Sleepytime tea will knock you the eff out! I'm loving Sleepytime Vanilla lately. Sometimes I think, "I'm so awake. There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep." Then, after a cup of that, I'm passing out in front of Battlestar Galactica.

Ironically even though the tea did work I didn't get to sleep till 1.30am. Dh was out and I kept hearing noises! So I was still awake at midnight. When he fell in and started snoring :( accompanied by the stink of Guinness.

Ironically even though the tea did work I didn't get to sleep till 1.30am. Dh was out and I kept hearing noises! So I was still awake at midnight. When he fell in and started snoring :( accompanied by the stink of Guinness.

I remember those nights . . . my DH parties at home now - then falls into bed reeking of red wine :blink:

Luckily it is a very rare occurence Nanette!

so Day 14 isn't it?

8am - 3 chorizo patties, spinach, fried egg, cm coffee

add0c74a62dd11e2adc122000a1f9ace_6.jpg

Coconut milk news! my (paleo) friend texted me to say our fav coconut milk was 33% off in the local supermarket. Hopped in the car & picked up 16 cans :) So much nicer than the one I got from amazon - still have 6 cans of that left.

601297_10151329024473666_61193090_n.jpg

11.30am - Americanno from Butlers café (gave dh the 70% truffle that comes with it :( ) with cm - for the 1st time I brought my own in a little vitamin jar.

Had that and some macadamia & dried cranberries while at the movies with Lily - Monster Inc. 3d, love that movie

2.30pm - oddly not as ravenous as I was yesterday, lunch pretty much the same but with smoked salmon instead of sardines.

500ml of pepermint ceylon tea

a13cd174630d11e28b9f22000a9e0708_6.jpg

5.45pm - roast chicken, roast sweet potato, cabbage & kale with fried bacon pieces & red onion. So good I had seconds :)

Forgive the dodgy lighting

943a1b88632811e290cd22000a1f90d7_6.jpg

Week 2 done & dusted. Fought a very strong urge to weight myself this evening after my shower, even telling myself that it wasn't a "real" weigh-in because it wasn't in the morning :ph34r: I've been trying so hard but I don't feel any slimmer really....I would have thought with my extra good habits of more water & less fruit/nut butters this round I'd be seeing visible results. Ho hum....I shall soldier on in poundage ignorance B)

Derval, I don't feel any slimmer either. I was just reading forums about snacking and it says that to re-set hormones we're supposed to eat meals that sustain or mini-meals, which I wasn't doing--I was eating trail mix or veggies and mayo for snacks. Also I've been pushing the limits of fat allowed in meal templates. And I've been worried about being hungry and going off-plan because of hunger so have probably been eating more than I need.

Maybe these aren't your issues, but I sort of backed into this whole 30 thing without knowing a lot. I've just bought the book so I can educate myself about it.

Day 15

half_way_girl.jpg

Wow, that's big, hope none of you are on dial-up (ha ha the young uns won't even get that!)

Anyways....

7.15am - cm coffee, 2 chorizo patties, 2 boiled eggs.

8.30am - GYM

lower body mobility x 2

Box Squat 10xbw, In the rack for 5 x20kg, jees these are hard when you actually sit on the box and try get back up again!

DL, 5 @ 40kg, [email protected] smile.png

Upper body mobility x 2

Db Press, 5x3@10kgs

Negative chins - there was no smith free to do these off so I attempted regular ones, and failed twice.

plank rotation

and full set stretches

10.30am - cm coffee.

Then got busy making ghee, mayo & dressing

c1d1e5ac63c411e2b52122000a1fa4b5_6.jpg

Mayo fail! and the save! I split the 1st bacth with silly impatience :unsure: so I added a yolk and whizzed again, no joy....So I pured it off into a jug and started from scratch, I added about half a cup of oil till it was good & thick and then used the split mix in place of oil - so a batch & a half of super luscious mayo :wub: and no waste!

Used the mayo in my lunch - leftover roast chicken, avo, hb egg, mayo & sun dried tomato pesto. Delish, if not very suitable for a snowy day!

e3ad827e63c611e2bf3622000a9f1886_6.jpg

followed by a spiced chai cm tea & 6 macadamias

5.45pm - meatballs (minced beef, pork, italian herbs & the same pesto) in marinara sauce (I grated in the core of the zuch which is what looks like cheese in it!), on zoodles.

I fried these in my new ghee and had a taste of it out the jar, man it tastes like cake to me! Then I realised it's the brown butter flavour of caramel without the sweetness!

894213d263f211e29bac22000a9f13d0_6.jpg

Have a bit of a tickle of a sore throat starting :( and was very short-tempered with the kids this afternoon (well they were really annoying too) so I think an early night is in order. Week #3 treat tomorrow - highlights & cut, whoop whoop!

ETA - 8.30pm , leftover chicken mayo & mug of sleepytime tea

Love seeing those food pics!

I'm not feeling any wt loss either (need to lose at least 40 lb) my pants are still tight in the waist **sigh**

Oh I shouldn't complain really, I'm pretty close to my goal weight but I would like all my effort to be rewarded with some shrinkage!

Derval, I don't feel any slimmer either. I was just reading forums about snacking and it says that to re-set hormones we're supposed to eat meals that sustain or mini-meals, which I wasn't doing--I was eating trail mix or veggies and mayo for snacks. Also I've been pushing the limits of fat allowed in meal templates. And I've been worried about being hungry and going off-plan because of hunger so have probably been eating more than I need.

Maybe these aren't your issues, but I sort of backed into this whole 30 thing without knowing a lot. I've just bought the book so I can educate myself about it.

I don't think it's the snacks really, they are not a regular thing - another change I've made this round...who knows...

Archived