Derval's W30 #5

Derval

Have fun getting your hair done! I sometimes wish I had a live-in stylist to do my hair each day. I love the feeling of having my hair blown out. Enjoy your time away from the kids. Mine were home today and it was a little nuts. Hope you get some good sleep too. Your pictures are lovely! I was too lazy to make up batches of stuff today. I think you just motivated me. :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 16

Still have this nagging sore throat, despite going to bed at 9pm last night.

7am - 2 chorizo patties in marinara sauce, 2 scrambled egg using a new method I saw online. Will be sticking to this way from now on!

9.30am - cm coffee in haridressers (yes brought my own!)

Thrilled with new cut & colour....It's so rare I can afford to get highlights done. I posted the same (?) pic on Fb and got loads of comments from friends of how young I look :) Must be all the paleo fat filling in the lines!

2e8f804e648f11e2a64f22000a1f968e_6.jpg

Appointment slightly spoiled by a call from school to pick up my daughter who was feeling poorly, luckily it was near the end of my blowdry - imagine if I'd been sitting there in foils! :o Anyway she was fine after about an hour at home...

1pm - smoked mackeral mixed with mayo, and the usual suspects :) Followed by cm coffee & 6 macadamias

6302629a649111e2b19622000a1f9d89_6.jpg

6pm - Better butter chicken, with cauli rice. Made a very mild version to account for spice phobic kids and it was still delicous.

65f9cefa64bb11e2b19422000a1f9bc9_6.jpg

Tuesday used to be my WW weigh-in day, for the 12+mths I regularly attended. Every Tuesday on the school run I twice drive past the rugby club where meetings were held and you know what I think? "thank f&%k I don't have to do that anymore" I had a giggle to myself imagining what my ww leader (a role I had begun to persue when I found paleo) would say if she saw me making dinner - adding spoons of ghee into the sauce that I had dumped half a can of coconut cream in to. Oh yeah - I didn't even bother mixing the can for the recipe, I just poured away the watery part :P

Your hair is adorable. I'm in love with the color. We must be on the same haircut schedule because when you get a haircut, it's time for mine. :)

Those eggs! I love them. I used blob of coconut cream because I had a bit leftover from mashing up a bunch of sweet potatoes. I don't think it was necessary.

Ok, guests gone, my meat was dry :( morto! I have made that dish twice & it's been lovely, bah....anyway clean plates all around nonetheless...And nobody was drinking so that made it much easier. And they were actually very nice people....and yer man was gorgeous, did I mention that? :lol:

Oh and they brought me a tin of chocolate biscuits!

Day 17

7am - leftover butter chicken & a boiled egg, black coffee with ghee

8.15 - gym, usual stuff yada yada

10.30am - cm coffee

12.30 - bolegnase over salad with avo

3pm - more coffee! not a good idea! macadamias..and a banana - pure stress eating :unsure:

6pm - carrot sticks & tomato pesto dip

slow roast lamb, roast carrots & cauli, mushrooms

berries & coconut milk while everyone else ate toffee & pecan roulade :blink: The lady guest was aghast but in a humourous way, I was very glad I did not have to go in explanations.

Ok, guests gone, my meat was dry :( morto! I have made that dish twice & it's been lovely, bah....anyway clean plates all around nonetheless...

This happens to me every time! I have a great dish picked out that is always amazing when I make it for hubby and I, and then it doesn't turn out when I have company over! Last time it was salmon with skin that would NOT get crispy...gross...

I copped on afterwards it's because of the broken thermostat on my oven :( So it was probbaly "boiled for 4 hours" lamb rather than "slow-cooked" Oh how I'd love a new oven.....must talk to dh and see if we can stretch to it this month.

eta- no, not for the forseeable future :(

In other crap-tastic news I am sick with a cold :( and Lily is sick too, with what I don't know, but I do know I got about 30mins sleep from 4am-7am today :unsure: So the girls are going to spend the day vegging out on the sofa. But first have to get the boy to school, wah.

I'm not liking the look of day 19 so far.

Archived