W30 v2.1 - Day 30 It's in the Bag

So, despite the rocky start on v2 (a week of chickpea infested babaganoush going down as a 'failed' attempt), v2.1 went off without a hitch! I feel great physically but am a little overwhelmed mentally with my 89 year old, super independent and healthy mom having some sudden health changes that are threatening her ability to live alone. Lots of sadness here and worry. It's been tough to not be able to self soothe with a glass of wine or a bag of candy... however, the desire to do both those things was worth looking at with a clinical, alcohol and sugar free brain. I haven't found another coping strategy yet - the weather here is awful and cold and spring is late and I feel a bit down for myself and my mom. It's hard. Tomorrow I will have some time to think about how else I can cope with all of this as there's no going back to wine and candy.

Congratulations on finishing Round 2!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, and totally feel you on having to find alternate coping strategies. It can be so hard, but I try to find comfort in maintaining control over my food intake, when all else seems out of my control. Sending you and your mom many good vibes x

Archived