Hello W30 forum community! 

I am looking for ways to support my desire for a healthy lifestyle by surrounding myself with a healthy, like-minded community. I have incredible family and friends, but most just don’t quite embrace the FFF concept quite as I do. I just thought I’d toss this out here just in case - are there any current or alum Whole30ers in the Columbus, OH area? I searched the forum for “Columbus,” and found some posts but nothing that might bring us all together. I thought maybe we could trade meals or have some kind of ongoing thread to encourage each other to stay on track in our specific community. I promise I’m not weird or creepy! :lol:

We’ll see! Thanks!

Oh my gosh, yay! Hi @Lindseydalton, we live in Worthington! I haven’t found any go-to places for paleo style eats yet but I did have a delicious pork chop at Hoof Hearted today and I like to get the chicken sandwich sans bun and cheese at Northstar. Haha, not sure if that is helpful! 

Have you found any good places up here? 

I haven't found any go-to's. I feel like the restaurants that are organic and good sourced meats are all down town and I am not a fan of driving down there :lol:  I'm excited that it's farmers market season! Get Elevated is a grain free company that sells goods at Worthington and Dublin markets and they're really good! 

Agreed! I feel like a lot of the healthier restaurants are also super vegan/vegetarian focused too. 

Yes, we love the farmers market! Have you found a good place to source meat? I am really stressing about meat lately. We do our grocery shopping at fresh thyme and they have some good options but we just can’t afford to buy it that way. I’d really like to find a butcher or farm where we could buy like half an animal. It’s me, my husband, and our 6 month old. 

6 hours ago, emilyelowe said:

I’d really like to find a butcher or farm where we could buy like half an animal. It’s me, my husband, and our 6 month old. 

You might try localharvest.org and see if there are farms or ranches listed near you. I don't think they list butchers specifically, but maybe it can give you a place to start.

Hi Emily! I just started on June 2nd and I'm in Columbus! My friend Christina (also in Columbus) has done the program before and wants to restart after she moves into her new house. I am not sure if I am going to eat out at all during these 30 days because the idea of having to scrutinize everything kind of stresses me out. I love the idea of a recipe and encouragement thread!

Unfortunately I am not in Columbus but I like to connect with other Whole30ers via instagram! There is a large network of Whole30 Alum online and I've made some great friends even though they live in different states!