Oatmeal re-intro group?

This seems like a silly question, but I should do oats like oatmeal on a non-gluten grain day right? I thought yet but then read something today that said most oats aren’t certified gluten free because they’re processed in facilities with gluten but I’m assuming that wouldn’t be enough to muck up my results. I don’t even particularly like oatmeal but want to reintroduce it and potentially see if it improves my breastmilk supply. I’ve had negative reactions to homemade lactation cookies prior to this W30 but wasn’t sure if it was the oatmeal or the brewers yeast. I guess it would be ideal to do alone but I’m doing a pretty quick re-intro before a trip, so I don’t have time! The only other non gluten grain I’m interested about is rice so I guess I could do a W7 or W14 after my trip and then do rice maybe? Thoughts appreciated! Thanks! 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I always do oatmeal on non-gluten grain day. To be certified gluten free I'm assuming the facility needs to be totally gluten free but the oats won't actually contain gluten. That's my understanding anyway :)

Oats are naturally gluten-free, so being certified gluten-free does just mean that they're produced by a certified facility and process. I wouldn't think it would be enough to muck anything up, unless you have a gluten sensitivity. That said, however... I did buy a small amount of certified gluten-free oats from the bulk bin at one of my local stores, which I used for oatmeal reintroduction just so I could be absolutely positive that any reaction was to the oats and not worry that my batch might've been exposed to gluten. It's generally cheaper to grab oats from the bulk bins than it is to buy them in the normal packaging anyway, so I figured it was worth it to keep me from stressing over the details.

Archived