DIY Turkey Lunch Meat :)

SchrodingersCat

If you're missing lunch meat and struggling to find compliant, I am currently enjoying delicious turkey salad which I made by taking a whole turkey breast, popping it in a 60% brine (150g kosher salt per litre of water - I used 1 litre for a 1kg breast) with a tablespoon of celery seed and a tablespoon of mustard seed, left it in the fridge for 8 hours, took it out, rinsed it well, dried it and rubbed it with some Old Bay style seasoned salt and the roasted it.

Sliced, it tastes like the best quality turkey lunch meat I've had! Once it's cold, it's really easy to slice finely with a sharp knife. 

• Administrators
On 5/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, SchrodingersCat said:
If you're missing lunch meat and struggling to find compliant, I am currently enjoying delicious turkey salad which I made by taking a whole turkey breast, popping it in a 60% brine (150g kosher salt per litre of water - I used 1 litre for a 1kg breast) with a tablespoon of celery seed and a tablespoon of mustard seed, left it in the fridge for 8 hours, took it out, rinsed it well, dried it and rubbed it with some Old Bay style seasoned salt and the roasted it.

Sliced, it tastes like the best quality turkey lunch meat I've had! Once it's cold, it's really easy to slice finely with a sharp knife. 

That sounds amazing!!! 

Archived