Too much Avocado?

Okay guys here is something I’m really confused about.  I read on these forums that some of you are eating like an avocado a day or more… It was my understanding that you only want about a thumb worth of fat at each meal.  I’m 5’10, only weigh about 145, and My thumb is less than the size of a quarter of an average avocado! Is the fat quantity a flexible rule? I really love avocado but I can’t help but wonder if eating so much of it without cutting out all other fat would be advisable. Thanks!

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Oaklandish1 said:

Okay guys here is something I’m really confused about.  I read on these forums that some of you are eating like an avocado a day or more… It was my understanding that you only want about a thumb worth of fat at each meal.  I’m 5’10, only weigh about 145, and My thumb is less than the size of a quarter of an average avocado! Is the fat quantity a flexible rule? I really love avocado but I can’t help but wonder if eating so much of it without cutting out all other fat would be advisable. Thanks!

The thumb rule/recommendation is for liquid fats like cooking fat (olive oil, coconut oil etc).  Each other fat choice has it's own measurement on the meal template - avocado is a half to a whole, olives are 1-2 heaping open handfuls etc... have a look at the meal template (linked in my signature below) and you'll find more there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived