First 2 weeks I did well apart from days 1-3 feeling hungover aside from that great energy feeling good. My workout regimen was moderate with a mixture of cardio and weights. Once I hit week 3 no energy complete loss of appetite and no taste buds everything tastes so bland no matter what I make. I change up my meals so I don't get bored but every meat veggie and fruit taste equally bland. Someone please help. 

• Moderators

Were you doing pre- and post-workout meals on days you worked out, in addition to your normal meals those days? And making your meals match the meal template? Are you drinking plenty of water and salting your food? Skipping any of these could make you feel more tired.

As far as everything tasting bland, do you think adding new sauces or seasonings would help, or does it seem like no matter what you try everything tastes the same? There are different ways to add flavor -- try putting chimichurri sauce or pesto over your meat or vegetables (Google whole30 chimichurri or whole30 pesto for recipes, or meljoulwan.com has recipes for those and other sauces and spice blends). 

I workout very early in the morning so no preworkout meal but definitely a post and consisted of hard boiled eggs and fruits and few hours later my breakfast. Forsure drinking plenty of water and salting my food. I have done various recipes so it wouldn't be bland and make recipes from the whole30 book. Everything I eat no matter how I make it all taste bland and the same which I find very weird and very sad.

I'm not gonna lie, many of the recipes I've tried from the Whole30 books are somewhat bland to me too.  Perhaps branch out and try a different source for your recipes. 

My two favorite food bloggers are Mel Joulwan and Paleo Running Momma. They're both very different, but I really love their recipes. Mel Jouwan (author of the Well Fed book series) tends to make very rich international flavors.  Paleo Running Momma feels a bit more like comfort food to me but I  probably make more of her dishes that anyone else. So perhaps check those out? 

And here are a few of my favorites: 

I wish you the very best of luck!

Thank you, every recipe I make I always tweak it up to my own likings. Even ceviche, pineapple and watermelon just taste bland and taste the same to me which is the reason for hoping to find some answers to why and if it has happened to anyone else if it's normal or something I should be concerned about.

Archived