Unexpected Whole30 and Reintro - Major Bloating

Hi there! I've just recently finished my first whole30 two days ago, and I must say...it did not go as I thought it would. I followed the program to a T, was extremely vigilant of reading ingredients lists, and stuck to all the rules. However, around day 10 I started experiencing bloating. I referenced back to the book and to my relief saw that was normal. But unfortunately, the bloating never seemed to completely go away. I feel extremely frustrated that for over half of my whole30, I experienced bloating almost every single day.
What could've caused this? Did I do something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

• Moderators

You may have been eating something that just doesn't agree with you. For instance, many people find eating a lot of raw vegetables can cause bloating. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, or kale can cause bloating for many people, regardless of whether they're raw or cooked. Some people have issues with FODMAPS (https://www.thepaleomom.com/modifying-paleo-for-fodmap-intolerance/). Some find that eggs, especially if they're eating a lot of them, can cause bloating. Eating a lot of nuts, nut butters, or nut milks can cause bloating.

It's really hard for us to say what caused this for you. I've listed some common causes, maybe one or two of those sounds likely to you. We could give you more specific feedback if we knew more about what you were eating.

Archived