Starting tomorrow, June 2nd.

ShieldMaiden

Hi everyone! This will be my first Whole30. I'm simultaneously optimistic and terrified. I eat reasonably well, almost no repackaged foods, but I am not great about making sure I get 3 meals a day and getting a wide variety of veggies. It looks like this will require me to use veggies that don't often come up in my usual rotation, which is GREAT! I run my own business and also am in the process of renovating a historical home, and so I don't have a lot of free time and my diet has suffered. It is time to reprioritize and take better care of myself.

Things I worry about: 

• The lack of cheese and other dairy. Oh damn I will miss my morning iced Greek coffees with milk... I may or may not compose sonnets to artisanal cheeses during the program.
  •  Having a murderous sugar craving around my period. Have you seen the depictions of the vengeful Hindu goddess Kali? I'm 100% expecting this transformation...
  • I don't drink alcohol often or a lot, but when you really want a cocktail....damn....just damn!

But I know this is necessary. I have a family history of diabetes and I don't want to head down that path, if it's at all avoidable. Also I have been noticing that I am starting to carry some belly fat and that my skin is not as clear as it used to be and even really high quality skin products are not clearing up these break outs that flair up around my menstrual cycle. So, I am guessing that I am screwing up my hormones with dairy and soda. Super fun! Whole30 seems like the best way to figure out what is REALLY going on.

I busted out my Soda Stream to make carbonated water, I bought a giant bag of Starbucks French Roast, some gorgeous high quality Japanese teas, and lots of specialty no sweetener flavored fizzy waters to try to combat the feelings of deprivation. LOL! Hopefully it works! Wish me luck! 

I'm also starting tomorrow. Got home from vacation today. Wanted to get that over with! It's late, but going grocery shopping now to get what I need for the next couple of days. We can do this (I hope!!)

Archived