Anyone for a group start in the next week? Repeat offender headed for Rehab. ;)

C_Cezeaux

I've been away from Whole30 since the beginning of 2018, suffered some serious health issues that had to be dealt with and over the course of surgery, medications, recovery, serious illness, medications, health issue caused by medication for illness, and attempting to recover from that, I find myself in worse shape than I've been in years.  Poor physical condition, back to not sleeping, shedding, sneezing, and trying to recover from fluoroquinolone toxicity.  

I'd say my food choices have been about 80% healthy, but I have fallen on the snack habit and got hooked on the grain free granola, plus got comfy with corn chips at the Mexican place again.  I've lost count, this might be my 5th? time, would love to have someone to journey with.  I would like to start on or shortly after June 10. 

The 10th will be great for me, it will take me the weekend to get set up and prepped. It will be great to have company and support.  Welcome ladies! This trip is So worth it. 

One recommendation I have if this is your first time through is read the timeline and BELIEVE it. :)

Well, tomorrow is Day 1. :) I have proteins and dairy free coleslaw (new recipe, we'll see how I like it) prepped for lunches, will be relying heavily on frittatas and protein salads for dinners this first week.  

Have my beginning stats done, although I am not actually expecting to lose much weight, I usually don't. But I have some major NSV to achieve.  I want to get back to feeling good, having energy, and in general getting back to my happy self. :)

Day 2 done!! Stayed in guidelines for my meals, have food prepped for tomorrow. This time around, made sure to keep enough animal fat in so that I don't suffer brain fog. Met my step goal for the day, so yay.  :)Working on lengthening my stride, and keeping up good hydration to help flush. 

Today is Day 1 for me. I did my first Whole30 in October to try and calm down some hives/dermatographia and to see if they were related to any foods. I’m doing a second round as a reset and to continue finding triggers to my hives. 

@C_Cezeaux during my reintro back in November, all of the eliminated food groups made my hives and dermatographia worse except for dairy. I was going to do another one in January, but I stopped after 3 weeks because I wasn’t seeing any improvement , and I decided it was time to seek some assistance from a doctor. I have since seen an allergist and a gastroenterologist, and they have not found anything that could be explaining my symptoms. 

They cant do a skin prick test because of the dermatographia. I am also negative for celiac, Chron’s, and thyroid disorders, but I do manage to find out I’m lactose intolerant. Oddly enough, dairy did not exacerbate any of my symptoms during my reintroductions. 

It’s been pretty frustrating the last few months, to say the least. So I’m going to spend the next 6 weeks making good food choices and listening to my body, and I guess I’ll go from there. 

Today is Day 1 for me, and it's my first time committing to the Whole30! I generally eat healthy foods, but not in a healthy way....dried fruit and dates anyone? Almond butter on dates? Yes, these are the things I know have continued to feed my sugar dragon, which at times feels too big to slay. This is my first time joining the online forum, and I know support has been a big influence over my ability to commit to healthier ways of living, so I am hopeful this community will help me on my quest!

@Sconnie715 that sounds really frustrating. I hope you get some good results and perhaps some answers this time around!

Apart from a good reset and getting my allergies under control (mine are exacerbated by any wheat product whatsoever and processed sugar), I am hoping to flush out the effects of fluoroquinolone toxicity.  I will be following along, hoping to see you get good results.

Movement wise, I am terribly out of shape from months of mot being able to be up walking, then no strenuous exercise for months, complicated by the stiffness and tendonitis type symptoms caused by the toxicity. I am hoping for very positive results myself!! :)

@BeginnersMind Welcome! Ihear you on the healthy foods in an healthy way.   I love dried fruit, but so much sugar. One of my worst is when I used to stop at Central Market and find the dried cantaloupe and dried pineapple.  Sugar dragon does eventually get easier to tame and vanquish, though.  The difference in food attitude will really hit you one day when you find yourself excited and want to splurge on special foods in the fresh produce aisle! :)

Support is a huge part of why I keep returning here. Having the encouragement of folks dealing with some of the same issues and knowing that someone here will have the answer to my problem if I can't think of it is just awesome.

I have successfully finished Day 3. I have fallen into fatigue and mild headache today, but finished strong with a tasty fried cauliflower rice dish. I consciously ate my full portions of fats today to try and keep my energy level up, but I am actually encouraged by the appearance of the symptoms. It tells me the process is working and that is definitely motivating for me. :)

I'm tracking all my meals in the companion book and I like the daily motivations, tips, and questions. Still kinda miss the old daily email though. It was just ridiculously convenient and gave a sense of accomplishment to be able to answer "yes" at the end of the day.

19 hours ago, C_Cezeaux said:

@BeginnersMind Welcome! Ihear you on the healthy foods in an healthy way.   I love dried fruit, but so much sugar. One of my worst is when I used to stop at Central Market and find the dried cantaloupe and dried pineapple.  Sugar dragon does eventually get easier to tame and vanquish, though.  The difference in food attitude will really hit you one day when you find yourself excited and want to splurge on special foods in the fresh produce aisle! :)

Support is a huge part of why I keep returning here. Having the encouragement of folks dealing with some of the same issues and knowing that someone here will have the answer to my problem if I can't think of it is just awesome.

So glad to hear about your experience! I have been trying to do a mindfulness practice before my meals...and I've noticed that I am VERY impatient! Much more than I thought....I constantly peak at the recording to see how much time is left so I can eat my meal...geez sugar dragon!!! What day did you find the sugar dragon starting to calm down? What other pieces of advice do you often provide for newbies? Day 2....almost in the books...!

@BeginnersMind Sugar dragon takes awhile. And then when you think you have it gone, it will pop put for a sneak attack! For me, the first time I went through W30, it was in week 3 - when I got excited over finding rainbow carrots and three different kinds of asparagus and wasn't even tempted by the sweets. Each time that I"ve fallen back into the habit, it has taken a minimum of a week to work it back out of my system. Sadly, for me it's NO refined sugar or ALL. As in, I will eat every last piece of candy in a bag if I open it and try one. :(

Biggest advice I have for anyone new is to study the timeline - week one will knock you out of your socks if you don't follow all the guidelines. After that is to stay on top of prep work and be sure to ask questions any time you need help or are unsure. There are some great moderators on here. :)

Wecan do this!

At the end of Day 4, I am dragging a bit. Didn't feel tempted to snap anyone's head off today - that's a GOOD thing. :)

The dairy free coleslaw has been so tasty and good for lunch in the heat, I may just make it that way all the time. Much less heavy without mayo.

Archived