Weight gain

Hi all, this is my first whole30, so I’m a total newbie. I’m looking for motivation if anyone can help? I was doing SlimmingWorld before this for over a year, but lost all my energy and had a nearly constantly bloated stomach (not sure if it was all the sweeteners but it was getting really bad). I had to change something so started the whole30 and am on day 11. I have a lot more energy now and haven’t been bloated at all which is fantastic. I haven’t weighed myself but I feel quite a bit heavier. My jeans are tight and I feel like I have a roll of fat appearing on my belly, it’s not due to gas or bloating. Is this normal at this stage or is it a sign that if I carry on eating like I am I’m just going to keep gaining weight? I’m not used to eating so much oil but am having no sugar cravings, as far as I can tell I’m being 100% compliant with the rules. I’m 51 and put on a bit of weight before slimming world but got it all off doing that, I just felt so ill and drained on it, I feel a hundred percent better on whole30 but don’t want to just get fat again, can anyone help? Thank you 

• Moderators

It's not unusual to feel you're gaining weight at this point. Hang in there and trust the process.

One thing to keep in mind is that while society tends to focus on weight and say that if you lose weight, you'll get healthy, whole30 is asking you to look at it from the other direction. Focus on getting healthy, and your weight will get to a healthy point. You know the focus on weight first wasn't working for you -- you didn't feel good when you did that. So focus on feeling good and getting healthy and let the weight sort itself out.

Archived