Just finished week 1 with gastroparisis — I have a great coach to help me through this!

I just finished week one.   Have more energy, but still feeling bloated.  Research says to eat 6 smaller meals, which I’m going to do. (sorry Whole30, it’s a must). But, they will be compliant and I’ll get the nutrition needed throughout the day without suffering or making the situation worse.  Also, talking this out with a great coach AND my physician has been extremely helpful.  I highly recommended you retain a coach if you haven’t.  (and the physician simply glazes over because he knows NOTHING about nutrition and how to overcome symptoms through healing the body.).  My coach on the other hand, is smart and savvy about the body/healing, etc.

Will let you know if the gut bloating is better.   I CAN say this, my joints don’t hurt as much!  (I’m saying sugar/carb reduction has helped reduce inflammation on those joints, but what do I know).

Always looking for breakfast ideas, if you have good ones because I’m allergic to eggs!

Cheers. 

I generally prefer to use my dinner leftovers as breakfast the next day, instead of going for more "breakfast" type foods. I'm not sure if that's an option for you (I definitely don't have the same medical condition/s), but it's what works best for me. Doing that also keeps me from having to worry about breakfast so much :) I do have a favorite homemade turkey sausage recipe though, and will sometimes make casseroles with it that I can eat for breakfast.

• 7 months later...

I’m a little late to the game but saw this post doing some research. I too, have gastroperesis and am allergic to egg! I am having a hard time with the no egg. I have realized this being my first week that I just cannot do raw veggies. Even though it’s my go to because I love it and it’s easy, my stomach hurts SO bad! I’m kind of stuck on what to do. Any suggestions would be great!

10 hours ago, RT19 said:

I’m a little late to the game but saw this post doing some research. I too, have gastroperesis and am allergic to egg! I am having a hard time with the no egg. I have realized this being my first week that I just cannot do raw veggies. Even though it’s my go to because I love it and it’s easy, my stomach hurts SO bad! I’m kind of stuck on what to do. Any suggestions would be great!

Toss a big ol' bowl of pretty much whatever veg you want with some oil/ghee and seasonings and chuck it in the oven to roast while you're having dinner. Then you'll have lots of ready-to-go cooked veg. Almost as quick as raw :)

I was going to suggest the same thing @laura_juggles just did. There's absolutely no reason that you must use raw veggies, especially if you're finding that it's difficult on your body. I even make sure I get plenty of green leafy veg by making soups that include spinach or kale (of course with meat and lots of other veggies, too!), which often makes it into a leftovers container for me to reheat the next morning for my breakfast. Roasted veggies are the epitome of easy, though, and I learned during W30 that I actually like the taste of some of them cold, so don't even have to reheat them to enjoy (sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, etc.)... which means they make an excellent addition to Gado Gado, since I generally eat everything cold for that and just heat up my sauce a little before pouring it on.

Archived