Starting June 10th - 30 days til my brothers wedding

JorgePtech

Good Afternoon All,

My name is Jorge and I will be starting Whole30 on June 10th. I used to be an extremely active Crossfiter and was in the best shape of my life. That was about 5 years ago. With life changes, moving, school, work... blah blah blah... excuses. My brother's wedding is coming up and I want to get this going. I am planning to post daily on Instagram (@jlp06f) for accountability. I really love cooking and I am excited to cook these healthy recipes. I will be stepping on the scale every day and trying to hit the gym 4-5x per week with a mix of cardio and weights. If anyone is looking to start together and keep each other motivated, feel free to reach out and we can do this together!

Height: 5' 7 SW: 231 GW: 215

Hi! My name is LaDonna and I’m starting today, the 10th, as well. This will be my first time doing Whole30. I’m 56 and have a few health issues, T2D, high blood pressure, and some autoimmune issues. I need to lose a lot of weight, but my main reason for doing this is to try to figure out what foods trigger my pain. I’m hoping weight loss will be a nice side effect. I’m 5’8” and weigh 241. I’d like to weigh 165-175. I’ve already lost 40 pounds doing something called Trim Healthy Mama. I’m a scale addict so I’m going to do as suggested and not weigh during the 30 days. 

That is great Lala. This is my first time doing whole30 as well and I’m excited. How has your meal prep gone. Do you like cooking? I went with a sweet potato avocado toast with poached eggs for breakfast. And I am going with a Fried Shrimp Cauliflower rice I saw on Tasty! Good luck and let’s do this!!!!

C4448E6C-B194-46E2-8654-6A2F110F6F5F.thumb.jpeg.820acf9ed0aac915094fd535730916f4.jpeg

My name is Trish & I'm starting today too! I am 55 years old, moderately active (I play tennis) but am tired of hurting & just not feeling my best. I've been dabbling in Trim Healthy Mama for about a year, but wanted something to really give me a re-start. I'm looking forward to this journey.

I also started today.  This will be my 4th or 5th time through, but I have been away from W30 since the beginning of 2018.  I've had some health issues that required surgery and medications over the last year - one of which caused fluoroquinolone toxicity. I am in worse shape than I've been in years, looking to fix that by making a good start flushing all toxins out of my system with W30.  

For anyone on your first time through, Congratulations!! Congratulations on taking this step for yourself. You are worth every bit if time and effort this 30 days will take. You can do this!.  We will feel so much better on Day 30! :)

Hi All, I started yesterday and I am already missing Dairy. Being an Indian, dairy is an integral part of our cuisine and I am a dairy lover. I am doing good otherwise since I cook most of my veggies in Ghee, its just the dairy! But hey, I got all of you for support, I know I will get through this hiccup easy! :)

All the very best to fellow Whole30 beginners! 

Hey Ektta! Getting away from dairy can definitely be tough. But you can use other options in your food. I know for example you could use coconut milk for curries and other Indian food. I am planning to make some chicken curry later this week. I will put a picture soon! Day 2 down. I have been drinking tons of water to sate my hunger. I have a 50oz Smart Water bottle that I fill up 3x and drink while I am at work. I work in the IT industry so I constantly am in front of the computer. I have implemented a little routine for the past 2 days. Every hour on the hour, I do 15 push ups. In an 8 hour days, that's 120 push. I will probably switch it up to squats or situps one of these days. Let's keep it up!!!

Hi all,  I started yesterday, June 10th. So, I’ve completed 2 days now! I’m doing this program to improve my health. I’m 72 years young! I have many problems with allergies, asthma and diastolic heart failure. I weigh 233 lbs. I have daily headaches that aren’t disabling, but are annoying! So I have many reasons for joining this way of life! I made clarified butter and the tangy Bbq sauce today. I enjoy cooking am enjoying learning new recipes and new ways of eating and cooking! With the help of my 18 yr old granddaughter, I cooked country ribs, potato salad and roasted asparagus for dinner! Thank God for the help of Mac! It all turned out great, even the bbq sauce! Cherries for dessert! I’m looking forward to the next 28 days and the beginning of a new lease on life! 

Day 3 just slapped me, lol. I was feeling pretty good yesterday, thought maybe I would escape the timeline symptoms this time - alas, that is not the case today. Thankfully I did not suffer any brain fog this time, but I am definitely fatigued today. I "kill all the things" days take it easy on me. ;D. 

It's ok, though. All part of the process and I k ow better is headed my way!

Got back from the gym a couple of hours ago and finished prepping some chicken thighs that I am gonna throw on a salad tomorrow! Keep up the good work everyone! Feeling just fine. I won't say I am feeling any clearer head wise but it just feels good to be on a plan. It makes it so much easier to not be tempted by office goodies.

@C_Cezeaux Glad to hear you've made it through the fatigue! I don't necessarily feel tired, but I don't feel super energized, if that makes sense. Today is Day 5 for me, and it was my first social/family outing. I had a fleeting thought "oh maybe I should join in with everyone for the celebration" and was thankful that my husband was around to support my health decisions and remind me of my goals. Prior to beginning the Whole30, I wasn't eating terribly unhealthy foods, but too much in quantity. I'm still working on the overeating issue - it's only when I'm alone in the home, and I catch myself mindless eating or having difficulty with no-break foods! It's gotten a little better this week through practicing mindful eating, but I'm still playing around with what foods tend to increase my cravings....no surprise it is often carb dense foods, including sweet potatoes or starchy vegetables...sometimes I use the test "would you eat boiled chicken" to detect whether it's true hunger or desire to avoid feelings of stress/boredom/anxiety/sadness.

Good job on making it through the family outing, those can be tough!

Mindless eating and the no brakes are ones I struggle with as well. Had been doing really well with it until I had surgery last fall, then picked up the habit of eating in my recliner again during recovery.  I do much better if I sit down at the table for regular meals.

My no brakes foods have at least been healthy foods, but it didn't do me much good when I could munch through a bag of nuts instead of my handful.

Looking forward to Week 2! :)

11 hours ago, C_Cezeaux said:

My no brakes foods have at least been healthy foods, but it didn't do me much good when I could munch through a bag of nuts instead of my handful.

Haha. This is the exact reason why I have been slipping on my health journey! It's those darn nuts and nut butters - I mean, honestly, who can actually just eat one spoonful of almond butter????? :blink:

On 6/17/2019 at 8:11 AM, BeginnersMind said:

Haha. This is the exact reason why I have been slipping on my health journey! It's those darn nuts and nut butters - I mean, honestly, who can actually just eat one spoonful of almond butter????? :blink:

I'm guessing the same people who can actually eat a 1/4 c serving of grain free granola and be happy with it? ;D

Hi everyone! Today is day 10! I’ve been feeling great until today! Today, I hit a wall! I’ve had weird crazy nightmares last night and the night before. I moved in my sleep, waving my hands and calling out in my sleep, disturbing my husband and my sleep. Nightmares aren’t new to me. These seemed more disturbing than others. I awoke with no energy and felt tired. I’ve been doing physical therapy to strengthen myself, improve my balance and walking with my four prong cane and independently. Always with a therapist holding me by a gait belt. I do exercises such as sit to stand, resistance walking, balance, stepping over tiny cups etc. I usually walk with a relator walker. I usually start out by walking up the stairs with one of therapists holding me with the gait belt and using my cane to assist my weak left knee.

I had to kick myself in the Butt to get myself to go to therapy. I did go and made it through! I did manage to make big salad with baby spinach, baby greens, cherry tomatoes, canned salmon mixed with mayo, some left over cooked carrots, bell pepper and fresh strawberries with homemade Dijon mustard vinegarette for a late lunch. Then made hamburgers ( no bun for me) and reheated chicken tomato vegetable soup for our family dinner. Relaxing now, watching some tv while I do this.i hadn’t checked in since last week. So here I am. I actually found several compliant commercial mayonnaise and yesterday found 2 salad dressings with no sugar or artificial sweeteners, made with canola oil. I bought them so I’d could take it with me to use in restaurants. I’ll take pictures or send the names along with the ingredients so you can see for yourselves. I found them at our local HEB grocery store here in San Antonio, Tx. I sure hope I feel better tomorrow! I have PT again on Friday.

@Katie BI love HEB - you should be able to find Tessa Mae and/or Mother Raw salad dressings in there that are compliant and delicious. :) Ours here also carries primal kitchen mayo. PLUS - you have a Central Market there. They are a great source of compliant foods with an truly amazing produce section. A good thing I don't live within a hundred miles of it, lol.

The nightmares sound rough - I've had my share of those during some tough times, I'm always afraid to go back to sleep when one wakes me up. Good job on getting yourself to PT and powering through it, though! You got this!!

Archived