Sign in to follow this  
doubledee

Happily Ever After?

Day 1 of the rest of my life:

My plan going forward is to work on three things: 1) Maintaining healthy eating and exercise habits and feeling good, 2) Keeping blood sugar stable and healthy, and 3) Continuing to lose weight in a sustainable way. I'll make some notes here on what I'm eating and how I'm feeling in order to keep track of what makes me feel good. I'm also going to weigh myself once a week to keep tabs on weight loss (but no more than once a week so I"m not stressing over daily fluctuations). I realize this may be TMI and not interesting to anybody else, but it's important for me to have the accountability of keeping track. 

Weight: 218 pounds. My goal is 175 (at 5'9" this would be technically a few pounds overweight, but it's a weight I'm comfortable with), so I have 43 pounds to lose. I'm aiming to lose 1 pound/week. Will check back in next Weds.

Food: Reintroducing legumes today. I thoroughly enjoyed some white beans with sausage and sautéed veggies this morning. Planning on a bit of peanut butter with my lunch, and chickpea hummus at dinner. We'll see how it goes!

I love that your weight loss goals are reasonable. So many people expect to lose tons of weight right away and expect to hit like 120 lbs.

Personally I’m 308 lbs at last check (in the hospital). I’m hoping to lose 150 lbs total, to hit 150 at 5’4” which is still slightly overweight. But I’d accept and be happy with even 200 lbs. I’m not weighing myself at all, but my clothes already fit better.

Legumes are also first on my list for reintroduction!